Axle help - Need Replacement Removable Races (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've come to the well of all knowledge of FJs. Late axle assembled but the axle bearing surfaces were crap. Found some earlier axles with the removable inner race (or course they were beat up as well).

I've searched all over and can only find the outer axle bearing with the inner race included. I already have new bearings installed so I really didn't want to buy more bearings just to get the races.

Any thoughts on where I can find races only. Or if that is a possibility?
IMG_4899.JPG

Hi LuckyDog.
You can buy inner races of lots of different sizes just by themselves. Not sure what the OD/ID and length of the old style inner bearing race is?
Timken makes and sells just inner races of various sizes. I have used them to repair surfaces where the original roller bearing ran on the shaft and it be come brinelled and had to turn a new diameter and installed a sleeve/inner bearing race to get a new surface for the bearing.
You can look on their site or let me know the dimensions and I will see what I can find. The length is not that important it just has to be long enough.

Thanks jb

You might try contacting Monarch Bearing to see if they have what is needed. They have 3 locations; Los Angeles, Santa Fe Springs, and Anaheim. I'm not see it in their catalog but they have access to way more stuff.

other option would be to get later axle shafts.

After wasting far too much time trying to track down what I was looking for, I've ordered the bearings with the inner races (sleeves). I'll have a good deal out there for someone wanting bearings for a later axle....

Cheaper to buy the bearings and have good bearing surfaces on the axles instead of the beat to s*** stuff that's out there.

I agree on the bearings, but the rest of the comment is false. You're not buying your parts from the right people. just saying.
Paul

I agree on the bearings, but the rest of the comment is false. You're not buying your parts from the right people. just saying.
Paul
Perhaps, perhaps not. Can you find a set of axles with good bearing surfaces (30 spline long and short) for less than $65 shipped to my house? If so, maybe you can share from whom. If not, I'll stand by my comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom