axle cut and turn (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First of all, I know everyone's opinion goes against what I'm thinking, but I want to know what steps are involved to remove the lift on my 'holstein' as I keep kickin around the regear/remove lift options. I have read the how to threads on putting in the SOA and my main question is can I take it back out without recutting and turning the front axle? It's turned 4 or 5 degrees now and I read alot of threads that said people did SOA's without cutting, so if it's already cut, can I go backwards with 5 degrees of up angle? What other huge problems am I about to cause. I like the truck, but I've got really short legs and an old lady with a bum knee and think handicap steps to get into my rig will look a lot more ridiculous than a short cow car.

First of all, I know everyone's opinion goes against what I'm thinking, but I want to know what steps are involved to remove the lift on my 'holstein' as I keep kickin around the regear/remove lift options. I have read the how to threads on putting in the SOA and my main question is can I take it back out without recutting and turning the front axle? It's turned 4 or 5 degrees now and I read alot of threads that said people did SOA's without cutting, so if it's already cut, can I go backwards with 5 degrees of up angle? What other huge problems am I about to cause. I like the truck, but I've got really short legs and an old lady with a bum knee and think handicap steps to get into my rig will look a lot more ridiculous than a short cow car.

Reversing a cut and turned axle is not the best idea. What you can do is trade your cut and turned axle to a mudder ( such as myself ) that has a stock 60 housing that he can sandblast and paint for you. That mudder can even help you take apart your axle and get you a stock 60 steering setup along with a stock SF rear axle ( I really can do this for you ). Sound like a better plan than reversing it?

PM me if interested.

Last edited:
it shouldnt cost much to get a new axle, you only need the front axle, poeple always keep these when scraping vehicles.
a trade would be best but localy would be ideal.

unless you are very bored with lots of money...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom