axel swap next week what are my old ones worth? (1 Viewer)

i currently have unlocked axels on my 1995 80 with 160,000. no issues, no leaks. what are they worth? im installing a set of oem locked axels i picked up in the next week or two. ill post with price in the "for sale" section once i get an idea what a fair price is and have them ready to ship. thanks

Please post some pics and gotchas.....I am doing the same thing, have done a bunch of reading and have the parts sitting in my garage.

jfz80

Cruisin’
Kinda depends on condition demand and location. Probably best to try and sell on a 4runner/taco forum for SAS upgrades. Or here to for someone building up a buggy/wheeler and going arbs.

Have they been rebuilt? Axle seals leaking? Super clean or super rusty? Etc.

Club member here picked up a pair for 500. And I've seen 800-1200 range it seems. Of course when you find one someone that doesn't want them then someone else gets a great deal. Pull a part yard here is 185 per axle but you never see cruisers.

Last edited:
I am also in the same boat. I maybe should have asked the same question, but its too late now. I am selling mine to the guy im getting the locked axles from. Mine have 208k on them, and have not been rebuilt and do leak, but no rust. I had no idea what they were worth and accepted his first offer of $500 for the pair. He is picking them up and delivering the lockers though. I don't think its a horrible deal. They wont sit around the garage for who knows how long and I don't have to ship them.

I'll buy a rear of anyone for ~$300. I'm in central/northern, CA between Modesto and Stockton. Willing to drive to get it. I don't even need the diff, so you can keep that and make some more $...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom