Awful Rear-end Scraping Noise When Turning! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 99 LX470 is making an awful scraping/grinding sound from the rear driver side as the cab dips down on the left side in a right turn. The faster the turn (aka the more the cab dips down) the louder the noise. If I turn right moderately, 10mph, there is no sound.

Today I removed the entire parking brake assembly behind the rear driver side rotor as I noticed that it was seized up. I thought since it was stuck, it was rubbing the interior of the rotor. I also replaced the rotor and pads.

I noticed afterwards that there was a fresh scrape on the bottom half of the plate behind the parking brake shoe (pictured). So, I took a hammer to it and beat it inwards hoping that was the fix.

Still grinding!! Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Check your exhaust and make sure it’s not loose and swaying. May have slipped off a hanger and it hits your driveshaft in a turn. Your parking brake shouldn’t know if you’re turning.

Check your exhaust and make sure it’s not loose and swaying. May have slipped off a hanger and it hits your driveshaft in a turn. Your parking brake shouldn’t know if you’re turning.
Thanks for the reply. Just checked the exhaust, no issues.

My parking brake was seized. If it was seized in the brake ON position slightly, then the small amount of play in and out when I turn could have caused it to rub.

I don’t see a picture in your first post.

ECD4A1DC-66D9-446F-AFF4-D8E6EFA90141.jpeg

You’re right! Here it is. Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom