Awful quiet here lately.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm trying to figure out how to make a train of vehicles to tow 2 cruisers and a boat outta town. Should it go 80-40-boat, or 80-boat-40, 40-80-boat, and is it possible to go boat-40-80 if water is 5' + :confused:

I'm trying to find a place here to park my 25 footer with no large trees nearby. Last year, a large branch bent the leading edge of my T-top when it fell on it. (Fixed it with my Hi-Lift jack, though. :cool:

Good luck should it veer north to you guys.......

Jim, good luck to you as well. Funny, because almost the same damn thing happened to my boat during charley. Big oak branch landed across house and boat and dented the aluminum windshield frame. :crybaby: Glass was spared somehow. Think I had the record for first chainsaw to spark to life that night.

Last edited:
7:03 AM Monday:
Starting to get wicked nasty down here. Something hitting the roof every 30 seconds. Still have power.
Really picked up in the past 10 minutes.

ive been working on the cruiser :)

hope you guys did ok in the storm....its in OBX at this time....

That storm was kindly. Hope everyone south did ok. Only damage here was my big-top getting slightly blown down and the 40 a little moist. The carnies had it back up in no time :grinpimp:

All here is good. Bill C., John and Myself still have no power. Generator is purring and DSL is up. Beer is cold and I just ate a big steak! Life is good...... :beer: :beer: :beer:

Pete, down the street from Capt. Jim, is OTAY . . .

Few days of 'camping' in da house....got power back two days ago...

Helpen old folks in 'hood clean up & do roof patch repair...

Freaken storm did more damage to the utility system ( power poles & substations) than Charlie, Frances and Jeanne combined !

Soggy, glad you made it out alive and able to soak your cruiser at your own pace. This is the pic I meant to send... poor L44. :eek:

Last edited:
Dang Chuck! Hope that boat didn't get too banged-up! Hope that canvas cover helped some. My boat just had the lacings let loose on the T-top canvas. No damage what-so-ever.

Thanks for the check-up call the other day, SOGGY 60. It was well-appreciated. Glad you're back with power at your end. Don't work too hard while you guys are struggling to light us up. But if you must, send those pole climbers down to West Gun Club Road. :D

the storm was nothing here in Polk County...but amazingly the wind managed to blow my driver side door open on my 62, soaking my tools and interior. No prob...my neighbor actually saw it b4 i did and shut it during the storm. Good neighbors protecting the cruiser.

Good to hear that you South Florida Boys came through okay. According to my parents, they only had some tree damage in Jupiter - the house was fine.

Eric

Eric_FJ40 said:
Good to hear that you South Florida Boys came through okay. According to my parents, they only had some tree damage in Jupiter - the house was fine.

Eric

Lots of tree damage here, too. No power yet, tomorrow will be 12 days. Camp shower up and running as well as generator.

Two trees came thru my new roof, one landing a large piece of trunk in my office. All in all, still not as bad as last year. Adjuster will be here tomotrrrow

Finally finished replacing our fence, the ants holding it together got washed away, so off to work on the 40 again. We'll be flying out the weekend everyone's going to the pit so take pictures, it's good inspiration to finish putting mine together. Good luck down south on the power issues, if you need a break your welcome to come up and relax a bit.

wow, Jim, that sucks. Strange how one area can be so wiped out while just up the way life seems so normal... a-pit should be a welcome relief. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom