Awesome LC80 extended chassis pickup conversion. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.grenadaseafaris.com
Anyone ever seen an 80 with extended chassis and pickup conversion, i think this picture is from Australia, this would suit my needs perfectly, anyone with info or more pic of this type of thing please post, i have seen a bunch of conversions where they use a box type pickup conversion, but this looks much nicer and unless you knew you would think it came from the factory like this....love it

th.jpg

Reminds me of a Ford Explorer 4Trac or whatever those ugly things were.

Looks pretty cool, I've wondered what a stretch chassis 80 would look like. My biggest problem looks wise is the rear door needs to be squared off. Do that and a real 5 or 6 foot box and it would be great. I agree a tundra is a better all around truck, but where's the fun in that? The 80 truck would be a lot like a Tacoma, I guess. Totally would be a project of passion, not common sense, but I will subscribe to your build thread!

Most of these truck conversions have 1-hd engine setups, so slow is not really the word ;)

Yeah I see a bunch of the conversions with the box type truck bed although I'm not so keen on the look of those it looks a bit to commercial...my problem where I am in grenada Really need I right hand drive, a Tacoma would be ideal but I need a rhd and the conversions are expensive, although I did see the Australian tundra In right hand drive but wow.....my pockets ain't that deep.....it would be over 200k by the time I got it here....imost pickups are toyota hilux or something like it Nissan, Isuzu, ford ranger. But stuff is dam expensive, import duty in grenada is 100% on new car and 160% on cars over 5 years old, so a 5 years old truck at $9000 plus 1000 for shipping = is 10k....plus 160% means now add 16k at the dock for import duty and your 9k truck just cost you 26k......so the 80LC conversion on the truck I already have is looking pretty good option.....a new hilux here is a bit over 50k usd but my boat and trailer must weigh in at 8000lb and so the 80 needs both diff locks on the drag the boat and trailer out of the water on sand....so don't think the hilux is upto the job and it doesn't have front and rear lockers....just a LSD I think......There is a price for living in paradise.....and you pay it at customs. I use my truck as a daily runner and for towing and launching my boat,,...so it gets some salt action....just had to replace the rear axle as the rear shock mounts rotted off......not sure I want to put a 200k tundra on the beach to pull my boat out. Going to start shopping about the body shops here to see what's what...... Anyone got any dimensions on a Tacoma pickup bed wondering if it's the same width as my 80....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom