Available racks for my 2006 LX470 today (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

After reading too many steering rack threads I need to ask ►what Toyota or Lexus part number for my 2006 LX470 steering rack?

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiven
The Toyota version is (was?) cheaper.

The Toyota version is (was?) cheaper.
Have we figured out what the difference is between the two part numbers? Toyota/Lexus has been very good with the 100 series in keeping all part numbers the same when possible for the LX and LC. Different part numbers with different price tags leads me to believe they are not the same thing (even if they both function as a steering rack interchangeably).

Have we figured out what the difference is between the two part numbers?
To my knowledge there is no functional difference. I know there was speculation that the Toyota rack wouldn’t work on the LX because of VGRS, but the VGRS is a separate unit from the rack.

:popcorn:

I am in for the future knowledge bomb to be dropped.

I can tell you if your wrenching on a MK3 Turbo Supra the slight difference in the part numbers will bolt in BUT you'll realize
soon enough the racks are different to clear the intercooler piping! ARGH!

That was a LONG LONG day in the driveway...

Last edited:
:popcorn:

I am in for the future knowledge bomb to be dropped.

I can tell you if your wrenching on a MK3 Turbo Supra the slight difference in the part numbers will bolt in BUT you'll realiz
soon enough the racks are different to clear the intercooler piping! ARGH!

That was a LONG LONG day in the driveway...
Not the case here. Plenty of folks have already installed LC racks on LX.

Not the case here. Plenty of folks have already installed LC racks on LX.
That’s great news, I need to replace my rack on the 2000 LC sooner than later.

Also I like popcorn either in person or virtually.

I used a rack on my 2000 LX from Oreillys and haven’t had any issues in a pile of miles. Just need good bushings.

Right behind you! About to order for my 04 LX.

I'll probably have to do the same thing. I am on my second Detroit Axle rebuilt rack and it's not right. The first was crazy stiff, two hands required to go around a corner. The second is loose in the center position and the vehicle wanders a bit because of it. I am getting really good at replacing the stupid thing.

Ok, gone is the second crappy Detroit Axle rebuilt steering rack. I wish I have never dealt with these losers. I obtained an OEM rack for a Land Cruiser, bought it from Larry H. Miller Toyota in Murray UT. They came up online with the best price and they aren't too far from me. Put it in and the rig has never driven better. Lesson learned.

Ok, gone is the second crappy Detroit Axle rebuilt steering rack. I wish I have never dealt with these losers. I obtained an OEM rack for a Land Cruiser, bought it from Larry H. Miller Toyota in Murray UT. They came up online with the best price and they aren't too far from me. Put it in and the rig has never driven better. Lesson learned.
How much was it?

If it makes you feel any better, a few of us have learned the same lesson. Always the hard way...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom