AVAILABLE NOW: 100 Series Carpet Sets and Mats! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What’s the correct way to make larger holes in the carpet, 3rd row anchors etc? Also is there any carpeting difference by year? I’ve read somewhere that late cruisers have different carpet shape

Hey these are both questions for my hubby so let me ask him and I’ll get back with you. It will probably be tomorrow, though, because he’s playing with his cars tonight. 🙄

What’s the correct way to make larger holes in the carpet, 3rd row anchors etc?

Hubby says he’s heard some use a carpet installation tool to cut out the holes but he prefers a utility knife.

Also is there any carpeting difference by year? I’ve read somewhere that late cruisers have different carpet shape

The manufacturer studies the floor design by years pretty extensively so within a series, if there were differences, they would offer accordingly.

Hope these answers help.

Are these carpet kits available in black?

What’s the correct way to make larger holes in the carpet, 3rd row anchors etc?

Hubby says he’s heard some use a carpet installation tool to cut out the holes but he prefers a utility knife.

Also is there any carpeting difference by year? I’ve read somewhere that late cruisers have different carpet shape

The manufacturer studies the floor design by years pretty extensively so within a series, if there were differences, they would offer accordingly.

Hope these answers help.

Any photos of black carpet in tan interior? I’m very interested in a front set in particular.

Looking for anybody out there who has this combo and is willing to post pics,,,,,thanks!

I went with black carpet with tan interior. I need some time to install it. I will take some pics when it is installed.
I am still cleaning (15 years of dirt and other stuff) and working on wiring while I have my carpet out. I got some sound deadening material installed.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URUIKAK
I am going to paint some of the trim black, that is going to be surrounded by the carpet in the cargo area. I hope to have it done this weekend. I think it is going to look good.
signal-attachment-2020-03-26-150319.jpeg
signal-attachment-2020-03-31-151428.jpeg

I am still cleaning (15 years of dirt and other stuff) and working on wiring while I have my carpet out. I got some sound deadening material installed.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00URUIKAK
I am going to paint some of the trim black, that is going to be surrounded by the carpet in the cargo area. I hope to have it done this weekend. I think it is going to look good.
View attachment 2256843 View attachment 2256845
How much of the sound insulation did you end up getting? 36 sqft doesn't seem like much, but then again it's not a livingroom...

How much of the sound insulation did you end up getting? 36 sqft doesn't seem like much, but then again it's not a livingroom...
I only did the rear fenders and quarter panels (one side is pictured above), that was a quarter or third of the box... later I can take my door panels off if I want and I will still have some left over. You can also do the roof panels, I don't want to drop the headliner right now.
The 36 sq ft I think is plenty.

I finished up and I think it looks great... This was my first time installing uncut carpet. A good utility knife with fresh blades is was my main tool. I did make a few mistakes... ie cut a little to much, fortunately not terrible. I learned a lot :)
Thanks to @jerryb for his posts/tips/experience, starting at post #88 or linked here: AVAILABLE NOW: 100 Series Carpet Sets and Mats!
And of course here is a picture:
Filename.jpeg

Last edited:
I finished up and I think it looks great... This was my first time installing uncut carpet. A good utility knife with fresh blades is all you need. I did make a few mistakes... ie cut a little to much, fortunately not terrible. I learned a log :)
Thanks to @jerryb for his posts/tips/experience, starting at post #88 or linked here: AVAILABLE NOW: 100 Series Carpet Sets and Mats!
And of course here is a picture:
View attachment 2263900
The black carpet on tan looks awesome! I thought my black weathertechs on tan were nice, but this is on another level lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom