AVAILABLE NOW: 100 Series Carpet Sets and Mats! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To get people from just being ‘interested’ to placing actual orders, it would help if you got a carpet set in and posted several pictures of the carpet side detail, backer detail, and some installed pictures.
I second the above comment.
Yeah, you're both probably correct. That should happen this week.

For some reason people bought the 60/62 carpet LONG before any photos were posted. Not the case with the 100 owners. Many people appear to be confused that the carpet is ready to ship NOW, not some time in the future. I think I'm going to start a new thread........

Link the new thread here. Interested in loop pile in a brown that matches the door panel brown...

I think there are many 100 series folks with original carpet that is still “serviceable”, but not great due to the light OEM colors showing dirt and wear so easily. The 60 series folks you mention may have been in more dire straights due to increased vehicle age.

If OEM carpet was still available, I’d have bought it already. I think I just want to make sure my expectations match the result, and ensure this carpet is an acceptable looking (and fitting) improvement to the vehicle. I’ve seen some aftermarket carpets that were not. No offense to your product at all, just want to make sure before spending the cash.

I think there are many 100 series folks with original carpet that is still “serviceable”, but not great due to the light OEM colors showing dirt and wear so easily. The 60 series folks you mention may have been in more dire straights due to increased vehicle age.

If OEM carpet was still available, I’d have bought it already. I think I just want to make sure my expectations match the result, and ensure this carpet is an acceptable looking (and fitting) improvement to the vehicle. I’ve seen some aftermarket carpets that were not. No offense to your product at all, just want to make sure before spending the cash.
Sure. I get it. I'll have some photos soon.

I got carpet yesterday, here's some pics straight out of the box. I installed the cargo area piece. I reused the original backing off the rear cargo area. I cut and glued it back on. I would for sure double up on the thickness of the padding for the rear cargo piece if you use the padding they send in the box.

You can see the contrast in the last photos. I have no idea what new carpet looked like.

I like it. it's slightly thinner. The padding stuff in the box is almost the same thickness, it doesn't have any special rubber sections like the original.

The padding for the main piece is already glued on where they thought it appropriate. I'm going to add some stuff like kilmat, that thin insulation for water heaters around the shifter area and whatever backing I have left over glued to the main piece, whenever I get to that.

Edited 3/16/19 , you absolutely need to add two times what they used for padding on the main piece. Probably 2.5 times. I added 3/8" to the gas tank/middle seat are and probably am adding more. The front floor board area needs about the same. It also seems like it's formed for this extra as it fits much nicer when you add more.
after I finish, I'll post again.

I'm pretty happy with it. I'm not too picky.. I did cut a piece of padding 1 inch smaller all around and glued that down to the tailgate fiberboard area before I glued that carpet on. the vinyl edge is big enough that you could put half inch closed cell foam, that would be better. I wasn't going to go get some. I just used the extra jute or whatever its called under there.

I don't know what to do about the hard rubber trim that goes halfway around the tailgate carpet piece. That stock piece is light gray. The vinyl surround on the new carpet is dark gray. I'm thinking no one would ever notice. I don't have any short staples though.

IMG_20190314_144632.jpg

IMG_20190314_144925_1.jpg

IMG_20190314_144519.jpg

IMG_20190314_190928.jpg

IMG_20190314_191017.jpg

Last edited:
it's slightly more blue than 13 year old stock. That pick under the middle row seat latch is probably very close to as new color.
looking at this pic of that tailgate hard trim, it doesn't look bad.
It for sure would be a good thing to have an electric stapler with the shortest T50 staples. I also wouldn't do this without weldwood contact cement in a can and some cheapest available paint brushes. The cheap wood ones at home depot and something to burn round holes, like map gas and hole punches.

IMG_20190314_200830.jpg

IMG_20190315_050806.jpg

IMG_20190315_085201.jpg

I finished up.
You absolutely need at least double padding that it comes with. I added 3/8" and then in some places I added more. I used up a 6x8' roll and then a little more.
If you toss the plastic channel clips you could save 5 or so hours. I stapled them on from the top with 1/2" staples, 3/8" might work fine, 1/4" does not, using a 2x4 chunk as a backing block and then bent the staple ends over and covered them with duct tape. Took me maybe 24 hours total.
I couldn't think of an easier way with the channel protectors. Other than that, pretty generic stuff.
I wish I had a grommet set up for the floor mat holder.

IMG_20190316_123259.jpg

IMG_20190316_164259.jpg

IMG_20190316_164625.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, Jerry.
I will certainly be getting a tan set.

Jerry, thanks much for the photos! It looks really good!

When I did my last 6x install, I decided to use spray adhesive for the carpet attachment to the plastic channel "bridges," Since the carpet only has to stay on top of them to keep the carpet from falling down in the channel, that worked fine for me.

I started a dark grey in a grey interior install last night. I REALLY like the contrast! Unfortunately, I've had several distractions since, so I haven't gotten very far, but I will post partial photos as I progress.........

Thanks again,
David

i never thought about gluing them. That would work, at least worth a shot.
thank you for the carpet.

You absolutely need at least double padding that it comes with. I added 3/8" and then in some places I added more. I used up a 6x8' roll and then a little more.

Thanks for all the details.

Sorry if I missed this, where did you get your extra padding? Brand, part #, etc?

Your install looks great!!

the recycled foam stuff from home depot, the same stuff that's under your house carpet, that and the stuff in the box. I did reuse the thicker padding off the old cargo area carpet because it came off so easy and it was precut and it didn't smell bad or anything.

Knowing this now I would have called ACC, the carpet maker and asked for double. Or order anywhere online, 3/4" would be good.
Extra wise, all together, I used a 8x6 foot foam, reused the rear cargo padding and foam squares, and used the padding they sent for the rear cargo area in all other places. Particularly, under both front seats all the way to the firewall, and the middle row seats from the front seat rear bolt holes to the edge where it meets the rear cargo area carpet.
All of that and it still won't be the same as the factory padding, but it is very close. I would say no one would notice a difference.

the recycled foam stuff from home depot, the same stuff that's under your house carpet, that and the stuff in the box. I did reuse the thicker padding off the old cargo area carpet because it came off so easy and it was precut and it didn't smell bad or anything.

Knowing this now I would have called ACC, the carpet maker and asked for double. Or order anywhere online, 3/4" would be good.
Extra wise, all together, I used a 8x6 foot foam, reused the rear cargo padding and foam squares, and used the padding they sent for the rear cargo area in all other places. Particularly, under both front seats all the way to the firewall, and the middle row seats from the front seat rear bolt holes to the edge where it meets the rear cargo area carpet.
All of that and it still won't be the same as the factory padding, but it is very close. I would say no one would notice a difference.

Great info, thank you.

On both of my lc’s i added a grommet to the driver floor mat to keep them from pushing into the foot rest. Easy peazy japaneezy.

My floor mat went to a great cause!

Jerry, thanks much for the photos! It looks really good!

When I did my last 6x install, I decided to use spray adhesive for the carpet attachment to the plastic channel "bridges," Since the carpet only has to stay on top of them to keep the carpet from falling down in the channel, that worked fine for me.

I started a dark grey in a grey interior install last night. I REALLY like the contrast! Unfortunately, I've had several distractions since, so I haven't gotten very far, but I will post partial photos as I progress.........

Thanks again,
David
PM’d you trying to purchase, looking forward to getting this carpet replaced.

Anyone order a tan set yet? What color? I'm ready to replace mine.

@dnp anything new on tan? Thanks!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom