AVAILABLE NOW: 100 Series Carpet Sets and Mats! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPDATED 12/11/2020

After a long process of working with the mfr., and in follow-up to the very popular 60/62 carpet project (see links in my sig line), I'm now selling replacement carpet sets and mats for the 100 series Land Cruisers! As with the other carpet runs, the goal of this carpet is to be as close to OEM "correct" as possible.

The opening price for a FULL SET of carpet will only be $260 + shipping!!! Even if you don't NEED carpet, that's almost too cheap to pass up! The front mats (driver's/passenger's/one-piece second row) will run $140 + shipping, and the cargo mat will run $110 + shipping. Also, this 100 carpet is available with mass backing (much like a DynaMat type material added to the back of the carpet). Pricing on a mass-backed set will run $366 + shipping.

Please PM @Tupelo Honey with questions and/or to order.

Thanks,
David

View attachment 1923364View attachment 1923366View attachment 1923368
My 100 is Sonora gold with tan interior...got these in stock?

So get Ebony, Dove Gray, and what other sample colors?
Ooops. Sorry, just saw your response. I'd get Ebony 912, Dove Gray 877, Charcoal 897, Black 801 Taupe 907, and Dark Gray 807. When you're making up your mind, if you're leaning more toward an OEM gray, be sure to compare those samples to only the unfaded OEM color. The best and easiest place to find that is under the step plate inside each rear door (the step leading to the 3rd row seats)

Thanks,
David

Ooops. Sorry, just saw your response. I'd get Ebony 912, Dove Gray 877, Charcoal 897, Black 801 Taupe 907, and Dark Gray 807. When you're making up your mind, if you're leaning more toward an OEM gray, be sure to compare those samples to only the unfaded OEM color. The best and easiest place to find that is under the step plate inside each rear door (the step leading to the 3rd row seats)

Thanks,
David

Thanx! I'm leaning toward your ebony color, but would like to look them all over.

45D14092-34E5-4C5B-9A6C-90D852DF1A9E.jpeg

DE1BFC36-CCC9-4EC4-93B0-0D4716CDA99C.jpeg

Finally had my black carpet installed. I wasn't going to do the seats myself so had a pro do it all. Super happy. Looks like a 200 series.

Ok guys after much debating I am ready to pull the trigger for my 100 series (‘98). Definitely going with the black with the mass backing/ sound deadening. Ready to purchase ASAP! I think the black with all the seat leathers replaced in the King Ranch leather is going to have a really nice contrast going on with the Ivory/oak moldings in the rig. Can’t wait to get the carpet ordered and installed and then do all the seats

Last edited:
Ok guys after much debating I am ready to pull the trigger for my 100 series (‘98). Definitely going with the black with the mass backing/ sound deadening. Ready to purchase ASAP! I think the black with all the seat leathers replaced in the King Ranch leather is going to have a really nice contrast going on with the Ivory/oak moldings in the rig. Can’t wait to get the carpet ordered and installed and then do all the seats
Thanks for the post. Be sure to PM @Tupelo Honey and she'll get you fixed up pronto!

David

@rrc swb Did you get a chance to install your Dove Gray carpet? If so, would you please post some pictures?

Finally getting ready to install my new carpet.
Does anyone have advice as to using the OEM plastic side door sill pieces that are stapled on the OEM carpet or should I just use two sided velcro?
Thanks!

@rrc swb Did you get a chance to install your Dove Gray carpet? If so, would you please post some pictures?
No. Summer is busy work season and I've been tied up.

I'm taking a break from work next week... hopefully I can get to it. I have to do the exhaust system as well.

Reactions: LCT
Indoors

View attachment 1917765

The colors are:

1 - Gray (looks a lot more tan in person)
2 - Sandstone/Camel
3 - Medium Mocha (this one is the closest, in my opinion, although it gets lighter when viewed at an angle)
4 - Sandalwood
5 - Brown
6 - Dark Briar Brown (if I had a tan interior truck, I would either go with #3 or this one. It's clearly, visually brown, but it is a VERY dark brown - I think it'd look REALLY good in a brown interior truck)

Medium Mocha with the door panel insert and upper dash pad
View attachment 1917768

So that's what I've found today.
  • Grey Interior: If you want to go with an OEM color carpet, I've found the one that matches most closely. However, if you want to go darker, I've got three options for you on that.
  • Tan Interior: If you're wanting to darker than OEM, please see the options above. If you're wanting to stick with the OEM color, I should have an answer for you on that the first part of the week.
Thanks, and let me know if you want to order / have any questions.
David

This is great... Nice product. Where do i go for pricing, ordering, etc? Sorry if its posted here somewhere I just did not find it.

Thanks
Philip

I need some opinions on an install I had done. I had to get some tailgate rust repaired, so I had the shop replace the carpet while they were in there. The install seems like a hack job to me... There's extra material everywhere and the cuts seem really bad. I feel like if I had done this job myself I would be pissed at myself. When I went back and voiced my concerns they said to bring it back and they were going to try and fix some of the metal that was showing, but otherwise the bagginess is the nature of an aftermarket carpet and there's nothing they can do.

@dnp Do you mind chiming in? This looks bad, right? I'm not crazy? This is the mass backed version.

Under the handbrake showing exposed metal, lumpy carpet, and a weird cut:
IMG_20210727_165921.jpg

Passenger's side with a ton of extra material (I can push in more than an inch in some spots):
IMG_20210727_170002.jpg

You can see straight back under the dash area when you open the passenger's door (exposed bolt and metal):
IMG_20210727_170006.jpg

This is the rear that is pretty much hacked to hell, seat standoffs exposed and all. I don't understand what happened:
IMG_20210727_170137.jpg

I need some opinions on an install I had done. I had to get some tailgate rust repaired, so I had the shop replace the carpet while they were in there. The install seems like a hack job to me... There's extra material everywhere and the cuts seem really bad. I feel like if I had done this job myself I would be pissed at myself. When I went back and voiced my concerns they said to bring it back and they were going to try and fix some of the metal that was showing, but otherwise the bagginess is the nature of an aftermarket carpet and there's nothing they can do.

@dnp Do you mind chiming in? This looks bad, right? I'm not crazy? This is the mass backed version.

View attachment 2743219

Passenger's side with a ton of extra material (I can push in more than an inch in some spots):
View attachment 2743220

You can see straight back under the dash area when you open the passenger's door (exposed bolt and metal):
View attachment 2743221

This is the rear that is pretty much hacked to hell, seat standoffs exposed and all. I don't understand what happened:
View attachment 2743223

I call BS. I’m no expert but I would be pissed if my carpet looked like that. If the replacement part was truly that bad they should have said something to you IMO.

View attachment 2743219

View attachment 2743220

View attachment 2743221

View attachment 2743223
Well, I'll be courteous and say they could have been more careful with their cuts. The beauty of the 100 series carpets is that, unlike the 60, the console covers the entire tunnel. Therefore, you just cut out enough to where the shifters, etc. are free from being covered with carpet, and the console covers everything else. Granted, the mass backed carpet is a little more difficult to work with than the standard carpet, but it's only because it's heavier and a little less pliable.......but the sound deadening is worth it in the end! (Plus it saves the awful step of having to install sound deadener!)

1. It looks like to me they cut too much carpet from the center under the console, so you have that hole under the handbrake, and the brace shows on the passenger side. It's difficult to tell, but it looks like the driver's side is "pooched" out a little bit (that's a carpet installation term :hillbilly:) Can you push that in and make the carpet "taller" so it'll fit under the console? It's hard to tell from the photo angle.

2. This isn't the preferred way to do it, but if you have some of the carpet material left over, cut about a 4"x2" strip of that, and slide it in between the carpet and the bracket. Being the exact same color, chances are your eye won't be drawn to it, and it'll be much less noticeable. Slow and deliberate is the only way to install this carpet. (I've only installed one set of 100 carpet, and it's actually probably easier than the 60/62, because it's all one big molded piece that you don't have to cut around shifters, consoles, etc.)

3. I gotta say, I'm not sure what's going on with the bunched up section under that passenger seat. Something just isn't right there, and without knowing what they did, I'm not sure how to advise how to correct that (there are some foam support blocks under there that surround the factory amp that help the carpet keep its shape.) I'm not sure if they left those out and it's lost its shape - or what - but since that carpet is molded to fit, it may be that it just needs a little more trimming against the sill plate to take out the extra material. You'd have to look at it to see what's gone on there.

4. That's a little excessive trimming on the rear seat mounts, but do I recall some trim pieces that cover those or are those on the rear sides of the seats where they fold forward? It's been a year or so since I installed mine (and my truck is at my shop), but if you want me to look, I can.

Overall, they definitely could have been more careful.......

Well, I'll be courteous and say they could have been more careful with their cuts. The beauty of the 100 series carpets is that, unlike the 60, the console covers the entire tunnel. Therefore, you just cut out enough to where the shifters, etc. are free from being covered with carpet, and the console covers everything else. Granted, the mass backed carpet is a little more difficult to work with than the standard carpet, but it's only because it's heavier and a little less pliable.......but the sound deadening is worth it in the end! (Plus it saves the awful step of having to install sound deadener!)

1. It looks like to me they cut too much carpet from the center under the console, so you have that hole under the handbrake, and the brace shows on the passenger side. It's difficult to tell, but it looks like the driver's side is "pooched" out a little bit (that's a carpet installation term :hillbilly:) Can you push that in and make the carpet "taller" so it'll fit under the console? It's hard to tell from the photo angle.

Yes, they cut it very close to the edge of the console. There's probably less than 1/2" of overlap all around. When I try to flatten the pooch it doesn't want to stay in place, it just plops back to a pooch.

2. This isn't the preferred way to do it, but if you have some of the carpet material left over, cut about a 4"x2" strip of that, and slide it in between the carpet and the bracket. Being the exact same color, chances are your eye won't be drawn to it, and it'll be much less noticeable. Slow and deliberate is the only way to install this carpet. (I've only installed one set of 100 carpet, and it's actually probably easier than the 60/62, because it's all one big molded piece that you don't have to cut around shifters, consoles, etc.)

This was their solution to fix it as well, but there is only a tiny bit of scraps leftover, maybe a 1" wide section. I don't know where the rest went because it's clear they cut a lot away.

3. I gotta say, I'm not sure what's going on with the bunched up section under that passenger seat. Something just isn't right there, and without knowing what they did, I'm not sure how to advise how to correct that (there are some foam support blocks under there that surround the factory amp that help the carpet keep its shape.) I'm not sure if they left those out and it's lost its shape - or what - but since that carpet is molded to fit, it may be that it just needs a little more trimming against the sill plate to take out the extra material. You'd have to look at it to see what's gone on there.

Thanks for the tips. I don't know what's going on either, and they just said "that's what you get with aftermarket carpets" so I guess they're not interested in attempting to fix that part.

4. That's a little excessive trimming on the rear seat mounts, but do I recall some trim pieces that cover those or are those on the rear sides of the seats where they fold forward? It's been a year or so since I installed mine (and my truck is at my shop), but if you want me to look, I can.

Overall, they definitely could have been more careful.......

I don't think there are any plates for the second row seat mounts. I think the carpet is supposed to cover that part. If you could check that would be great, or if anyone could chime in about how those seat mounts are covered I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your response. I'm afraid I'm going to end up ordering another carpet set and doing it myself. I don't see myself being happy with it how it sits, or with the band-aid solutions they've offered.

Recently had mass backed carpet installed. Installer said it was more work to install it compared to OEM or non mass backed option. He followed the instructions mentioned by @dnp above and it turned out pretty good. There are still a few spots where it’s not a tight fit like OEM…this might be because of the mass backing but I’m fine with it.
I went with Dove Gray option and it might be the closest match to OEM gray but it’s clearly a different color. Has more blue to it I think. It clashed with OEM leather color but after I replaced OEM leather skins with Ridies nappa leather, which has a little blue in it, it looks good now.
Overall, I’m happy with the purchase. I would purchase it again but in a different color if I wasn’t replacing the OEM leather. Thanks @dnp & @Tupelo Honey for providing us with an alternative to OEM option at a great price point.

7DF188FA-9021-4F60-923D-B33B2E96A7FC.jpeg

Last edited:
Recently had mass backed carpet installed. Installer said it was more work to install it compared to OEM or non mass backed option. He followed the instructions mentioned by @dnp above and it turned out pretty good. There are still a few spots where it’s not a tight fit like OEM…this might be because of the mass backing but I’m fine with it.
I went with Dove Gray option and it might be the closest match to OEM gray but it’s clearly a different color. Has more blue to it I think. It clashed with OEM leather color but after I replaced OEM leather skins with Ridies nappa leather, which has a little blue in it, it looks good now.
Overall, I’m happy with the purchase. I would purchase it again but in a different color if I wasn’t replacing the OEM leather. Thanks @dnp & @Tupelo Honey for providing us with an alternative to OEM option at a great price point.

Any quieter inside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom