Available for Cruiser Work!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1973Guppie

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.noahsarkstlc.com
Well, I am newly unemployed and am available for cruiser work if you are in need of a good, honest mechanic. I will be going back to school eventually to enter the medical field so all the $$ earned will be put to my future education! Please PM me for any questions and THANK YOU!!

see the first link in my sig line below for more info.

Noah Baldwin
73guppie AT gmail.com

Noah, sorry to hear about your situation but you are in luck!!! This is Lennard, im the one thats been emailing you the past couple days.

I just bought another members 1974 FJ40 today. According to Chris (the previous owner) its a 90% project. Typical Chevy 350/4speed, everything and everything mechanically has been redone. Currently the whole chassis has been blasted/painted, tub is painted and on the car, all other body panels are painted but are still at the shop, so no need to worry about any mess!

Apparently there is only a few things left needed to be hooked up mechanically, the engine has been rebuilt by a shop here in San Diego and has 0 miles, wiring needs to be hooked up, and body parts (glass, gaskets, im going to paint the fiberglass top) that need to be bolted on.

Im waiting for Chris to send me a thorough email as to what he knows has been done, and what needs to be finished and I was going to forward it to you and give you a call later but I just saw this ad so it only felt appropriate to raise your spirits :).

Chris swears that its such a simple completion job but ill tell you what I told him. I work at a shop, but I work in the paint department. While I am knowledgeable in putting cars back together ive never worked on an FJ before and Id rather have someone with experience do it/help me. Also, I can tighten bolts and use a wrench but I am no mechanic and im not ashamed to admit it. And last, my job I have now was and always was a temporary one. I recently got all my ducks in a row, got my SEAL contract and im leaving in a few short months for boot camp/BUDS. Every waking moment im working, working out, or eating and sleeping and have NO TIME whatsoever for fun projects.

The FJ is in the north park area, I live in Poway and your only up the way so once I get the email to you hopefully we can crunch some numbers and get things going. Even though I dont really have free time I would still like to help out so I can learn along the way as well as try to keep costs down ;).

You'll be hearing from me REAL soon.
P1000902.jpg

P1000907-1.jpg

DSCN2510.jpg

Noah, Still need to get my fuel system reserve tank sorted out. I had an issue with my gauge clusters not working, so I took that apart to try and diagnose. Also decided to rebuild my odometer while it was out. Right now I'm running with no gauges working except the ammeter. Once I get that sorted, let's setup a weekend to go run all the new lines and get the reserve tank sorted out. I will PM when my schedule slows down a bit on the weekends. Cheers.

I've been looking for someone familar with tuning the 4 barrel Edelbrock, hard to crawl when you're idling at 2000RPM.

I am probably not the guy to rebuild the carb, have worked with more stock aisin carbs that edelbrock ones, would suggest some sort of FI, TBI or another.....

have you tried adjusting the carb, idle set screw, etc? if you pull the carb # and look up the directions you should be able to at least adjust the settings on the carb, happy to take a look if you swing it by, let me know.

Noah

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom