Available Depth Behind Mirror Control Plate Next to Locker Switch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all, I'm putting in a factory Toyota Locker Switch in my '06 LC. I ordered an LED to indicate when the locker is on, which would live between the Locker Switch and Side Mirror controls on the open area of the Mirror Control Plate (84870-60030).

The LED I ordered is a whopping 1.25" deep so my question is, anyone know how much depth is available behind that blank area next to the mirror controls? Is it the same depth top to bottom? I have a toggle switch there now towards the bottom.

Thanks!

I'm doing the same (adding a LED indicator light for lockers) in my 01 LX but i'm putting it in the horizontal blank right above the Toyota locker switch. I posted in another thread but didn't get any replies. Which light are you using? I couldn't find any diff locker LED light that wasn't a switch so i'm gonna use a gearbox LED since it sorta looks like a gear and there's an exclamation point in the picture to serve as 'warning'. Here's a picture of the one i'm going with.

Amazon product ASIN B082H29MLW

I'm doing the same (adding a LED indicator light for lockers) in my 01 LX but i'm putting it in the horizontal blank right above the Toyota locker switch. I posted in another thread but didn't get any replies. Which light are you using? I couldn't find any diff locker LED light that wasn't a switch so i'm gonna use a gearbox LED since it sorta looks like a gear and there's an exclamation point in the picture to serve as 'warning'. Here's a picture of the one i'm going with.

Amazon product ASIN B082H29MLW

I purchased this:

I wish I had seen yours, that's perfect.

Should be plenty of room. I have the ARB Compressor, Front & Rear locker switches and a big wiring harness behind them. One in blank above and two in the factory locker switch location.
@trdcorolla - cool LED you found.

The LED I ordered came in and I installed it, so I don't clog up your thread you can see it here:

Plenty of room behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom