auxillary fuel tanks, who sells them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

lt1fire

SILVER Star
Threads
Who is a currenty vendor for auxillary fuel tanks. I have a friend looking for one.

Camping Labs - out of business
MAF - no longer listed
Equipt - no longer listed
Slee - no longer listed

Who is the currenty vendor for long range or the other one that was 24 gallons??

Not intersted in a 13 gallon OEM one, he wants at least a 20+ gallon one.

I've read somewhere that a 3rd gen 4runner will work pretty well but haven't seen anyone actually do it.

Last edited:
No vendors. @SWCruiser did the last batch and said he would consider another batch if at least 6 people get on board. He gets them from AUS so it's not quick or easy.

ahh, i'm looking for the bigger ones that everyone seemed to used to sell and no one does anymore

LongRanger also out of AUS. SOR use to carry but not for the 80 I think. You can still get them though. I think it was 45 gallon at about $1100 and you remove your existing tank.

There is a place out of Las Vegas that sells the whole kit with a 43 gallon tank for 1300 I talked to them at the expedition Expo at Mormon Lake this last summer. When I get home I can post the website if you're interested

LongRanger has an extended primary and auxiliary tank. Both $1100. Total fuel you have with both is about 85 gallons.

Now I want both but the cost for shipping and just the overall cost for them is too high for me unfortunately.

LongRanger has an extended primary and auxiliary tank. Both $1100. Total fuel you have with both is about 85 gallons.

Now I want both but the cost for shipping and just the overall cost for them is too high for me unfortunately.

The big tanks hangs really low. Rock scraping low.

How hard is it to install a Summit/Jegs/etc fuel cell and a pump, some lines and even a gauge? The track guys seem to do it cheap and reliable. Here is one that is under the off road truck listing and includes a fuel sender, but there are tons of different sizes and shapes:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-293220-sblk/overview/

Is building one an option? I built one for my CJ7 that's lasted about 15 years and it's still going strong... Planning on doing the same for the 80 once I get a couple other projects tackled.

At some point I might like to install an aux tank as well. I've seen plenty of tanks at wreckers that might fit. There are all kinds of options avail. My Early Ford Bronco had dual tanks with just a simple lever valve under the set. There has to be a fairly easy, straight forward and affordable way to accomplish this.

The factory aux tank at ~15gals is designed to fit above the spare tire winch assembly. With the spare tire winch assembly removed it looks like you would have the room to double the capacity of a factory aux tank and still remain above harms way.

The factory aux tank at ~15gals is designed to fit above the spare tire winch assembly. With the spare tire winch assembly removed it looks like you would have the room to double the capacity of a factory aux tank and still remain above harms way.

That would be one hell of an aux tank! I should have read your post before replying to this. Looks like having the dual filler neck is a mandatory though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom