auxillary fuel tanks, who sells them? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok Im installing an AUX tank so I can lose the mandatory 3 jerry cans this is what I have
105 tank only
OEM dual filler new
fuel switch and overhead pod/guage

what else and where else is the best place to find out what else I will need to complete this. Im having no luck with outisde vendors for instance I need a pump for the 105 tank anyone??

We sell complete, new replacement main tanks and replacement auxiliary tanks from Long Range Automotive of Lilydale, Victoria (Australia).

LRA has 300 different kits and we can get any/all of them. We have imported since last year and bring in 10-20 tanks every month or so.

Check out the video and please let us know what you need by registering at this link Request a Quote -

We support all Land Cruisers from 40s to 200s, 2005+ Tacomas, 2007+ Tundras, FJ Cruisers and a bunch of Jeeps, Nissans, Land Rovers, etc.

Thanks!

yea i just dropped over a grand on what I have so Im going with it, plus I want another smaller tank not the long ranger
You probably dropped close to what a full bolt in LRA kit is.

You probably dropped close to what a full bolt in LRA kit is.
Not quite, but close, Morgan -

The replacement main tank for FJZ 80 from Long Range Automotive is a complete kit with 37 gallons capacity (140 litres, not 105) and sells for $1,495.

upload_2018-3-2_19-1-55.png

We sell complete, new replacement main tanks and replacement auxiliary tanks from Long Range Automotive of Lilydale, Victoria (Australia).

LRA has 300 different kits and we can get any/all of them. We have imported since last year and bring in 10-20 tanks every month or so.

Check out the video and please let us know what you need by registering at this link Request a Quote -

We support all Land Cruisers from 40s to 200s, 2005+ Tacomas, 2007+ Tundras, FJ Cruisers and a bunch of Jeeps, Nissans, Land Rovers, etc.

Thanks!

excellent video.

Not quite, but close, Morgan -

The replacement main tank for FJZ 80 from Long Range Automotive is a complete kit with 37 gallons capacity (140 litres, not 105) and sells for $1,495.

View attachment 1645421

That's an excellent product at a very reasonable price. I didn't realize the LRA tanks were available in the U.S. and now on my short list. For the price of a RTT you can have 37 gallon capacity...impressive! Curious if the tank would interfere with a Cruisin Offroad skid plate? Looks pretty close.

That's an excellent product at a very reasonable price. I didn't realize the LRA tanks were available in the U.S. and now on my short list. For the price of a RTT you can have 37 gallon capacity...impressive! Curious if the tank would interfere with a Cruisin Offroad skid plate? Looks pretty close.
Thanks, sir. We are just starting to promote them, though we have been importing since last year. Georg has installed them at Valley Hybrids for years, as have many of our shop friends.

Jason and I have been talking and I think he may make them available to customers in BC, so suggest you give him a shout to discuss clearance. Love to hear what you hear :)

Not clear on your question. Can you tell me a little more? Thanks!
Like a tank that isnt as wide. So the transfer case output could be in line with the input

@RFB Your best bet to complete your aux tank project, is to monitor eBay au. There are dismantlers with big yards, that regularly post parts rigs. email’em and ask if they have a rig in their yard with an “sub tank” system. Confirm they will ship overseas and work out an arrangement for them to post the bits & pieces you need for a buy it now price.

Before you go any further, I’d suggest you confirm whether your dual filler is diesel or unleaded. I can’t remember all the differences off hand, but the diesel version is slightly more problematic in N.A. .

Assuming your tank has mounting straps, and a sending unit, you have most the hard parts to acquire in N.A. At a minimum you are missing the ECU controller DS under the rear Cargo area window, a pig tail connecting the tank to your existing harness, a pig tail connecting the overhead console via the A pillar to the DS kick panel, the transfer pump assembly, and the main tank pump assy is different if you go 100% OEM. (There are work around for this via the Evap line). And there are an assortment of options if you do not go 100% OEM

Unless you have an LX 450, There should be an exsisting harness plug for the system ECU under the back window, but regardless you will have to wire in the dash switch.

Last edited:
Thanks, sir. We are just starting to promote them, though we have been importing since last year. Georg has installed them at Valley Hybrids for years, as have many of our shop friends.

Jason and I have been talking and I think he may make them available to customers in BC, so suggest you give him a shout to discuss clearance. Love to hear what you hear :)
Hi, I am thinking about the cruisin offroad skid plate and would be also interested if it interferes with the LRA main tank. Did you guys test fitted that ?

Thanks,

Jorge

Long Range America
https://cruiserbrothers.com/brands/long-range-automotive/

Man A Fre has had the 38 gallon long range tank on their website for years. It fills all the space where the main tank mounts. The website says available on back order though.

FJ80 FZJ80 HDJ80 HZJ81 LX450 Fuel Tank Long Range 38 Gallon ManAFre 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997 - Landcruiser Parts - https://manafrelv.com/product/80-series-long-range-replacement-fuel-tank/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom