Auxiliary "pusher" fan not running? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I believe I have a factory push fan, 00 LX. I've had some cooling issues lately which were fixed with a new cap and thermostat. Now I'm running at 190f +-2°. Started paying attention to the tranny temp; 145-160, which I believe is ok but not great. Anyway I realized I've never seen the auxiliary fan turn on. When should it? Thanks

I believe I have a factory push fan, 00 LX. I've had some cooling issues lately which were fixed with a new cap and thermostat. Now I'm running at 190f +-2°. Started paying attention to the tranny temp; 145-160, which I believe is ok but not great. Anyway I realized I've never seen the auxiliary fan turn on. When should it? Thanks
The aux fan comes on when the highside (discharge) is above a certain temperature. There is a glass window on the AC highside located below the drive sider side headlight. When it detects the set temperature, the aux fan comes on. How hot is your area?

The aux fan comes on when the highside (discharge) is above a certain temperature. There is a glass window on the AC highside located below the drive sider side headlight. When it detects the set temperature, the aux fan comes on. How hot is your area?
In the 80's when I checked. When I was running hot, 200-+, i still never saw it run. Engine temp runs 4° hotter if I use the AC. I'll take a ride on the beach later with the AC on to stress the system and see if it turns on. I'm assuming I could run wires from the battery to the fan and see if it turns on too.

Only runs with AC on, and the charge has to be high enough. Thought I had a bad one until I recharged my AC and it kicked on.

In the 80's when I checked. When I was running hot, 200-+, i still never saw it run. Engine temp runs 4° hotter if I use the AC. I'll take a ride on the beach later with the AC on to stress the system and see if it turns on. I'm assuming I could run wires from the battery to the fan and see if it turns on too.

The condenser fan only runs when the A/C is called for AND a certain pressure (high side) is realized. Not temperature...though temp and pressure are related in A/C systems. The circuit is run through your trinary switch (pressure switch) and this controls when the fan activates and goes back off. Yes, you can run 12V directly to the fan to check and see if it even works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom