Auxiliary fuel tank, on used LC 200? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m shopping for a 200 series and found a very nice one but noticed in the photos what appeared to be a gauge for an auxiliary fuel tank. At first I assumed it was a factory option because the vehicle has no other aftermarket parts. I did some light research and it doesn’t appear the 200 comes with an aux tank from Toyota in the US. Looking more closely at the photo the fit and finish of the gauge looks a little off, so now I’m thinking it’s aftermarket.

Anyone know the brand or can help educate me on what I may be getting into? Yes it would be nice to have another 70L of fuel but I don’t want to inherent someone else’s problems either.

67E4CE52-D038-4175-9B53-293DAB8F85F1.png

I’m shopping for a 200 series and found a very nice one but noticed in the photos what appeared to be a gauge for an auxiliary fuel tank. At first I assumed it was a factory option because the vehicle has no other aftermarket parts. I did some light research and it doesn’t appear the 200 comes with an aux tank from Toyota in the US. Looking more closely at the photo the fit and finish of the gauge looks a little off, so now I’m thinking it’s aftermarket.

Anyone know the brand or can help educate me on what I may be getting into? Yes it would be nice to have another 70L of fuel but I don’t want to inherent someone else’s problems either.

View attachment 2076305

You don’t mention where you are.
Can you take pictures under the truck?

Crawling under the truck should reveal any aux tank.

If there is a functional second tank on it...that’s a valuable mod. At worst...you simply don’t use it. At best...you end up with a fantastic add-on many here have wanted for years....and that only became easily available as a mod within the last two years.

I absolutely love my LRA auxiliary tank.

Last edited:
You don’t mention where you are.
Can you take pictures under the truck?

Crawling under the truck should reveal any aux tank.

If there is a functional second tank on it...that’s a valuable mod. At worst...you simply don’t use it. At best...you end up with a fantastic add-on many here have wanted for years....and that only became easily available as a mod within the last two years.

I absolutely love my LRA auxiliary tank.

Thanks for the reply! I am going to see the truck Saturday, I purposely didn’t post the location. Lame, I know, but can you blame me? Ha!

There is no swing out, so either the spare is missing or it’s a small auxiliary tank. I’ll google the LRA.

Thanks for the reply! I am going to see the truck Saturday, I purposely didn’t post the location. Lame, I know, but can you blame me? Ha!

There is no swing out, so either the spare is missing or it’s a small auxiliary tank. I’ll google the LRA.

I asked location only because I wondered if maybe you were dealing with a US spec truck but overseas. You mentioned liters, so wondered.

Last edited:
Ah gotcha. I live in South Carolina. I go to the metric system when thinking about jerry can and aux tanks. Old habits die hard!

I looked up the vin and doesn’t seem international.

Do you know if Toyota did a factory six tank for non-us vehicles? It’s possible the truck is beat to s*** and they just put back the factory stuff to trade it in. Crawling under the frame will tell the whole story!

Ah gotcha. I live in South Carolina. I go to the metric system when thinking about jerry can and aux tanks. Old habits die hard!

I looked up the vin and doesn’t seem international.

Do you know if Toyota did a factory six tank for non-us vehicles? It’s possible the truck is beat to s*** and they just put back the factory stuff to trade it in. Crawling under the frame will tell the whole story!

Pretty sure aux tanks can be ordered as an option in Australia, but pretty sure they don’t they get the 5.7 petrol there. Just in the Lexus...

If someone went to the trouble of yanking the tank out...(crazy) it might have been to make it compliant with tank laws... In many states, they are considered off-road only.

But I would think if they went through the huuuge hassle of yanking the tank, they probably would have also yanked that button gauge...

Last edited:
Some 200s do have a factory sub tank available. It goes above the spare tire like an 80/100/105 variant.

Some 200s do have a factory sub tank available. It goes above the spare tire like an 80/100/105 variant.

Just not here. I want the factory aux tank for the 200 and my FJC

If I could go back in time an aux tank would have been my first mod. These trucks are thirsty, I’m not that surprised to see one for sale with an aux tank.

Either way for a 2011 I think the price they are asking is too high....

Last edited:
The price of what?

Couple check engine lights due to fuel codes, could mean something could mean nothing...

3/30/18CHK ENGINE LIGHT ONCHK ENGINE LIGHT ON~|~CUSTOMER STATES CHECK ENGINE LIGHT STAYS ON.~|~PART BACK ORDER~|~PARTS HAVE BEEN SPECIAL ORDERED FOR YOUR VEHICLE
PARTS
NAMEPART #QTY
HOSE SUB-ASSY, FUELTO77404600301

3/21/18CHK ENGINE LIGHT ONCHK ENGINE LIGHT ON~|~CUSTOMER STATES CHECK ENGINE LIGHT STAYS ON~|~ ~|~REPLACED GAS CAP
PARTS
NAMEPART #QTY
CAP ASSY, FUEL TANKTO77300060401

I seem to recall some CEL issues related to adding tanks to US-market vehicles.

Tagged for interest now. That is about an hour away and a lower mileage twin to mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom