Auxiliary Battery to ACC Out Hack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finished adding an auxiliary battery (2nd battery) to my 2003 LX470 with AHC. Now to start powering up some devices.

I read a thread about providing a jumper cable across the ACC relay to make the outlets always on. However, this jumper feeds off the main battery.

Would the following work without issue?

1. Run a hot wire from the 2nd battery to the fuse block where the ACC relay sits
2. Pull the ACC relay
3. Attach a connector to the hot wire from 2nd battery
4. Connect 2nd battery "hot" directly to the "out" side of the relay plug

Wallah!

The power outlets would now be always on and not draining from the main battery.

Comments and thoughts appreciated.

Just finished adding an auxiliary battery (2nd battery) to my 2003 LX470 with AHC. Now to start powering up some devices.

I read a thread about providing a jumper cable across the ACC relay to make the outlets always on. However, this jumper feeds off the main battery.

Would the following work without issue?

1. Run a hot wire from the 2nd battery to the fuse block where the ACC relay sits
2. Pull the ACC relay
3. Attach a connector to the hot wire from 2nd battery
4. Connect 2nd battery "hot" directly to the "out" side of the relay plug

Wallah!

The power outlets would now be always on and not draining from the main battery.

Comments and thoughts appreciated.

Love to see pictures of your 2nd battery install.

Here are some photos of getting the battery placement ready, the battery box and the install. I will follow these photos with the wires runs and installation of the National Luna solenoid.

tempImageSyCjlu.png

tempImageLZtyjG.png

tempImagecaHpQ9.png

tempImagefDanDy.png

tempImageexUJpm.png

Where did you go with everything you had to move to allow the battery to fit. Did you have to move the power steering reservoir at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom