Auxiallary fuse box. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ghostrider I

I wear many "heads" as I have many vehicles.
Threads
Right. I am about to wire in an auxiliary fuse box into my HDJ-80. I know that the positive lead goes to the RIGHT battery when facing the truck, and the block(?) for the negative connections can go pretty much anywhere, no? My question is can I run a positive lead from inside the cab and mount the auxiliary fuse box inside the truck? Obviously, I want it to be protected from mud, water, and other crap, and my accessories to be wired into it will be inside- communication, map light, GPS, etc.

I was thinking of tucking the fuse box and negative block in the panel underneath the steering column, any other ideas to mount it? . I will be running an inline fuse to the battery- how many amp fuse?

Cheers!

Obviously, I want it to be protected from mud, water, and other crap

I love fuse boxes in the engine compartment, so easy to get to, especially at inconvenient times. Its not hard to protect them from the elements, I had a little russian car many years ago and you could have driven it underwater and the fuse box in the engine compartment would have stayed dry.

I love fuse boxes in the engine compartment, so easy to get to, especially at inconvenient times. Its not hard to protect them from the elements, I had a little russian car many years ago and you could have driven it underwater and the fuse box in the engine compartment would have stayed dry.
I see your point, but there will be quite a collection of wiring coming through the firewall into the engine bay. Would it make sense to mount the auxiliary box onto the firewall and the negative terminal bus(?) next to it? What do you suggest to protect each item from the elements? Granted the one I have is covered, but not watertight.

Oh, and I am correct in the connections? I have a dual batteried HDJ-80.

I am not going for that, as I already have an aux box. However, I do need to know, am I right on my connections as I mentioned in a previous post? I am not trying to sound impatient, but I want to do it right.

i don’t think it really matters what battery you run the leads from. a wire from the positive terminal of either battery to the power source on your aux fuse box should be all you need. each circuit will have its own ground no? if you have bus bars then you need to ground the neg bar and have power to the pos bar.
maybe a picture of your aux box will help out

I think MTA relay and fuse module is the best for AUX

7B280DE7-F06B-43D0-9EF9-B270EAC9D207.jpeg

This is what I have....however, I am thinking that tony13, might have a better one.

81HSCh8faCL._AC_UL200_SR200,200_.jpg

I went with tonyl13's fuse box. It seems that it will be a cleaner install.

This is my set up that I made up. Let me know if anyone is interested. I will be making a batch soon. (Mounting plates and brackets)

20190505_143046.jpg

20190505_125521.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom