aux. fuel cell

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by mathblaster, Jun 13, 2003.

1. mathblaster

mathblaster

I just had the idea to use a fuel cell in the same place that all the aftermarket fj40 aux. tanks go. I'm sure I'm not the first to think of that, so has any done this? I know I don't want to be experimenting on putting a fuel cell back there and not have it work right and spend a bunch of miney to get it right. And exploding from doing it wrong doesn't sound like much fun either.

2. fresno-lc

fresno-lc

I have thought about it but you would have to put gas in threw the middle of the bed. Thats fine if you dont run a top at all but if you do then youl always have gas fumes in the cab.

3. Pete_S

Pete_S

I'm somewhat in the same boat. I want to ditch my stock underseat tank and position one under the body. Would perfer to "mid-mount" it to help maintain a center load, blah, blah, blah.
    Woody gave me an emial address of a guy in the Appleton area that has fabbed several tanks. I've yet to check'em out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.