Aux Front Lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What front Aux lights have you found to be good.

I currently have round Baja Designs and they have a lot of moisture in the lights and tend to flicker a lot when in use. Thinking of switching to ARB or others, I know they have some made in China but also some that are built by Rigid here in the USA.

Just soliciting opinions as to what brands have worked well for you?

Sorry to hear about your trouble with Baja Designs. I've been running my BD LP6's for a few years now and no issues, even switch out clear and amber lenses and never have had any moisture. My truck is parked outside. Are yours out of warranty or are you not the original owner?

Baja Designs: Warranty Period: Limited lifetime warranty or 49,930 hours of operation, whichever comes first. You must be the original owner with proof of purchase upon claim or proof of product registration.

I know BD parts are chinese and my most recent ones had stickers saying "assembled in mexico" so at least some aren't even put together here in the states anymore. Sadly I believe this to be the case for most of the manufacturers these days.

I have 3 pair of Diode Dynamics SS3 pods in front and some SS2s in my rear bumper. Very pleased, good quality and excellent light output. I replaced OEM fogs with amber SS3 Max fog pattern - and it is amazing. If there was just one mod, that would be it.

+1 for DD. I am not running their fogs on my 200, but have their reverse bulbs and are running their fog's on another car without issue. They're good people to deal with if you have a problem too. Zero hesitation and will be buying more of their stuff when it comes up.

What front Aux lights have you found to be good.

I currently have round Baja Designs and they have a lot of moisture in the lights and tend to flicker a lot when in use. Thinking of switching to ARB or others, I know they have some made in China but also some that are built by Rigid here in the USA.

Just soliciting opinions as to what brands have worked well for you?
Hey @18Cruiser, Sorry to hear about the issue you are having with our lights. Have you tried to have them sent in under warranty and replaced? Most of the time the light will flicker after moisture has got to the internals and starts to short things out. If it's easier you can email me directly to resolve this issue. Our light have a lifetime warranty with a proper receipt or proof of purchase so if they are not functioning properly we will fix them for free.
brandonk@bajadesigns.com
Best,
Brandon

I know BD parts are chinese and my most recent ones had stickers saying "assembled in mexico" so at least some aren't even put together here in the states anymore. Sadly I believe this to be the case for most of the manufacturers these days.
Hey @Tex68w, We did recently move out production facility to Toluca Mexico to rapidly increase our production rate. The facility we have down there is owned by Baja Designs and is an ISO 9001 Tier 1 facility that holds a higher standard on our productions than we had here in the States. With this being said our products are quality checked before and after arriving here and still have the Lifetime Warranty all of our products had before. Pretty much everything made is sourced from overseas from the phone in your pocket to the computer you are on reading this reply with a few exceptions from some smaller companies here in the States. With this being said we still stand behind all of our products and will take ownership on any issues any of you may have.
Best,
Brandon

Expect to see more companies moving to Mexico as the costs go up from shipping to business go up from dealing with China....

Well my last two RAM's were assembled in Mexico, they held up ok haha.

OK just an update and set the record straight.

I had not checked back in on this forum since I read his recommendation. I don't spend much time on the internet recreationally because I am on a computer all day for work.

Acting on prharper's advise I contacted Baja Designs (I didn't get the man's name I spoke to but should have). They were both courteous and helpful. They let me know how to return the lights and what I needed to send.

I sent them in last week via UPS and they are due to arrive today. In the meantime, I watched some of their videos on the lighting and the benefits of amber vs. white lights. I called this morning and spoke to someone (I didn't get his name this time either). Regardless, I asked if they could swap the covers from white/clear to amber (I think they called it some other color on the videos but its amber in the trade). The man said no problem.

All this to say if prharper hadn't suggested it, I wouldn't have asked and wouldn't have discovered the excellant service that Baja Designs was willing to offer.

I hope this sets the record straight for anyone considering Baja Designs.

OK just an update and set the record straight.

I had not checked back in on this forum since I read his recommendation. I don't spend much time on the internet recreationally because I am on a computer all day for work.

Acting on prharper's advise I contacted Baja Designs (I didn't get the man's name I spoke to but should have). They were both courteous and helpful. They let me know how to return the lights and what I needed to send.

I sent them in last week via UPS and they are due to arrive today. In the meantime, I watched some of their videos on the lighting and the benefits of amber vs. white lights. I called this morning and spoke to someone (I didn't get his name this time either). Regardless, I asked if they could swap the covers from white/clear to amber (I think they called it some other color on the videos but its amber in the trade). The man said no problem.

All this to say if prharper hadn't suggested it, I wouldn't have asked and wouldn't have discovered the excellant service that Baja Designs was willing to offer.

I hope this sets the record straight for anyone considering Baja Designs.
I'm glad you got all taken care of. If you need anything in the future feel free to reach out to me directly at brandonk@bajadesigns.com.
Best,
Brandon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom