Aux battery install - Just sharing (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just finished auxiliary battery installation. Australian Boss battery tray, RedArc solenoid and 200 amp breakers.
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

Nicely done. Still need to add some sort of isolator on mine.

Just finished auxiliary battery installation. Australian Boss battery tray, RedArc solenoid and 200 amp breakers.
View attachment 2629208View attachment 2629209View attachment 2629210View attachment 2629211
About to re-do my national luna dual batt system. I was researching battery tray alternatives. Why did you choose Boss? I'm coming up short in the battery tray options. Almost leaning stock boxes again with LCP hold down's. Just not enough energy these days to fab anything anymore, lol.

RedArc seems interesting as well. Any reason on going that route vs some sort of blue sea setup? Are you going solar as well? Thanks for sharing

Looking good! I did a similar install in my RHD 80:
20210516_114924_resized.jpg
20210516_113222_resized.jpg

BatteryLink.jpg

I decided to run the wiring around the back on the firewall. Just felt more comfortable that way. I went with blowing fuses at the time, as I have some plans to upgrade in the future. I recently got a few big 500A solenoids for a re-do of the winch wiring I'm planning, and I bought an extra with the idea of swapping over the RedArc control box from the 200A solenoid it came with over to a 500A solenoid, so I have enough current capacity to crank from the second battery if the main is dead. That's the main idea behind the push switch on the dash too on mine (the lit up "Battery Link" button in the picture above). The light alone is useful to know for sure when the aux battery is charging, but the push function could be used to manually connect the aux battery and start from it, regardless of the voltage on the primary battery. At 500A I'll need to use fuses, as I haven't been able to find a breaker that copes with that much current.

Here's a link to that cool battery link button by the way, in horizontal and vertical styles:
I like getting a factory look on the dash.

Can the bind switch use either batt to power the solenoid(s) in case the only battery connected otherwise dies?
Or simply for manual control of the solenoid across both batts?

Last edited:
About to re-do my national luna dual batt system. I was researching battery tray alternatives. Why did you choose Boss? I'm coming up short in the battery tray options. Almost leaning stock boxes again with LCP hold down's. Just not enough energy these days to fab anything anymore, lol.

RedArc seems interesting as well. Any reason on going that route vs some sort of blue sea setup? Are you going solar as well? Thanks for sharing
@sleeoffroad and @NLXTACY (Wits' End) usually have the second batt tray.
NL and BlueSea are good stuffs.
But Redarc stands apart imo.

Last edited:

Sorry about the year delay in my response. Had to unplug for a while but finally getting back to work on the LC. I like the Boss tray as it is all metal and much more sturdy than the junkie plastic ones. I wish I could find one for driver sire as well. As for RedArc, not much research went into that but had good customer reviews.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom