Aux air tank location? (ARB) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleak

SILVER Star
Threads
Has anyone found a good spot to fit ARB's aux air tank on a 200 series? There aren't any obvious voids anywhere I've seen so far.

Has anyone found a good spot to fit ARB's aux air tank on a 200 series? There aren't any obvious voids anywhere I've seen so far.

Do you already own the tank, or just considering one?

I've been considering one, but I won't pull the trigger unless there's a good place for it. I already have a compressor.

I've been considering one, but I won't pull the trigger unless there's a good place for it. I already have a compressor.

Unless you have drawers like ARB or similar with a space next to them...it’s a pain finding a spot.

The reason I asked if you already own one is because I would seriously consider skipping the tank. Advantages are almost zero over just going with the ARB Twin compressor. Very fast and a tank really doesn’t add much beyond the first few seconds anyway. It can’t run air tools...so really not much to gain.

Super happy with the Twin and have been using it constantly the last number of years with Slee’s engine bay mount. Zero issues even in crazy heat of Moab in summer.

I do have the twin. Thanks for the advice!

I put a tank in the rear where the spare tire carrier and resonator used to be. It’s small, but I don’t think it has zero utility. I can, for example use an air impact . . . And also air up bicycle tires without starting the car.

I put a tank in the rear where the spare tire carrier and resonator used to be. It’s small, but I don’t think it has zero utility. I can, for example use an air impact . . . And also air up bicycle tires without starting the car.

If you can run air tools off an ARB...that is news. Never heard of success there, so good to know.

Last edited:
Enough to loosen lug nuts and other misc stuff. I didn’t just stand there with the impact wrench spinning . . . I don’t have any other air tools to use except the inflator and the air blower thing, which also works but does go through the tank pretty fast.

I don’t have an oiler in line either, so it’s really not setup for production use; I do use a pressure limiter set at 90psi on the impact.

Even if the ratings are wildly exaggerated the arb should push 2 or 3 CFM at 90 psi. My tank is charged to 150psi so it has some headroom etc. it’s no home compressor with a 30 gallon tank and a 5 hp motor, but it doesn’t need to be.

I have a 1.5 gallon but now that I am not trying to keep the spare tire carrier could have fit a 2 gallon. A three gallon could probably fit if it was the right shape. They also have tire shaped air tanks that would hold much more and replace the spare.

Could you fit it behind the passenger side rear wheel well where the LX has the AHC reservoir? The LC just has a big empty space there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom