Automotive machine shops in Colorado?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cps432

SILVER Star
Threads
I’m looking for an automotive machine shop in the Boulder/ Longmont Colorado area. There’s a dozen out here that only work on aerospace tech. I can’t seem to find anyone who can or is willing to turn axle shafts for me.

I need to take these shafts back an inch or so to clear the differential carrier so I can get myself back on the road.

My truck is on stands in a public lot and I’m in a pickle here. Any help would be a God send...

FCCB08B9-336E-48E2-89E4-FED6BBB3F799.jpeg
7B3706A0-B661-4D07-9DCA-2AF8D8B62EC0.jpeg

Gunn in Denver does a lot of FJ40 engine work (including my 2F head). I'm sure your axle job won't throw them. Not super close to Boulder, but you don't want some clamhead screwing this up for you.

Gunn in Denver does a lot of FJ40 engine work (including my 2F head). I'm sure your axle job won't throw them. Not super close to Boulder, but you don't want some clamhead screwing this up for you.
Thanks! I figured a trip to Denver was in the cards...

HiPro down in Denver is good. Pretty old school, too. Not sure if you got a second set of wheels but I could probably come scoop you in exchange for all the help you’ve given me.

HiPro down in Denver is good. Pretty old school, too. Not sure if you got a second set of wheels but I could probably come scoop you in exchange for all the help you’ve given me.
Thanks for the offer. My buddy loaned me his Jeep for a few days and I was able to find a shop that was willing to squeeze me in and give it a try. Nobody wants to put hardened steel in their $40,000 lathe they use for aero space parts. I guess I understand that... but damn. I called and went to 10 shops before I found this guy. If something happens and he can’t cut them then I’ll try HiPro. Once I get this thing back together we will finall have that beer! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom