Automatic Windows: Any way to make them all up/down with one button? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2002 LX470 and I was wondering there was a way to trigger all four windows so they all go down/up with one button push. My old SAAB convertible has an all windows up/down button and was wondering if such a thing could be added to the LX.

Tech stream would be the only way to program but not sure if possible on an 02 (responding before Googling). I also have a 2002. The 2006 LX we used to have by holding the Unlock button down on the Fob opens everything, including sunroof. Does the same on our current 2009 LX.

Read again.
Oh. Just build a little hinged device that captures the window switches and actuates them all at once. May be hard to actuate them one at a time with little arms in the way

On my 2000 Lexus GS400, if you hold down the unlock button on the key fob for a few seconds all 4 windows roll down simultaneously and the sunroof opens. This can be done with the key in the drivers door as well. It is a great feature for the summer to cool the car down quickly. Nothing for rolling up though. This feature is not on my 98 LX470 but likely on your 2002. Try it and report back.......

Last edited:
^That^ isn't a Land Cruiser thing. When I bought my '06, I pressed the unlock button for a couple seconds thinking "Come on. Come on." Nope. Wish I was in the room when the Toyota guys had that - and the "Should it get an Aux port?" discussion.

^That^ isn't a Land Cruiser thing. When I bought my '06, I pressed the unlock button for a couple seconds thinking "Come on. Come on." Nope. Wish I was in the room when the Toyota guys had that - and the "Should it get an Aux port?" discussion.

I'd also include leaving the lock/unlock chirp and memory seats off of the (100 series) LC as luxury differentiators between the LC & LX. Somebody needs a swift kick to the privates over those.

I'd also include leaving the lock/unlock chirp and memory seats off of the (100 series) LC as luxury differentiators between the LC & LX. Somebody needs a swift kick to the privates over those.
YES. I taught two daughters to drive in the 100... soooo many banged knees getting back in. How a $68,000 SUV didn't get memory seating in 2006 is just dumb.

Reactions: jLB
YES. I taught two daughters to drive in the 100... soooo many banged knees getting back in. How a $68,000 SUV didn't get memory seating in 2006 is just dumb.
I don't understand why people are apprehensive about the LX for reasons like this. It's just a better outfitted rig

Welp, that's what I get for not reading the manual. Doesn't seem all that useful, but it does work.
Had this on a previous car. Really useful when walking to your car on a hot day from 50+ ft away. Roll down all windows and let the heat out 30 seconds before you get it. Makes a difference, especially if there's a nice breeze.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom