Automatic tranny for my 40! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My wife fell in love with my buddies 80 - that being said - she can not drive stick - a year of trying and no go - so I said let's swap out the 4speed for a 700r4 (already have da Cheby 350) I am figuring it will cost about $3000 for the swap - anyone have an opinion on cost?

lets say 1200 for the trans 600 for new drive shafts 500 for the adapter 100 for the crossmember id say go for the toybox if you can swing it the toybox is the same size as the aa adapter is

coolcruiserfj40 said:
lets say 1200 for the trans 600 for new drive shafts 500 for the adapter 100 for the crossmember id say go for the toybox if you can swing it the toybox is the same size as the aa adapter is

Cool - great thought - thanks!

So, yep - I got $3000 saved...

I'd say pickup a cheap full size van and take the trans out you could probably sell the injected v8 and all the puter stuff and recover the majority or you trans cost.

Get a good driving instructor for your wife; husband teaching wife is never a good idea. It will save you a lot of money, and increase your wife's motoring and survival skills in case of a dead battery or so.

freightdog said:
My wife fell in love with my buddies 80 - that being said - she can not drive stick - a year of trying and no go - so I said let's swap out the 4speed for a 700r4 (already have da Cheby 350) I am figuring it will cost about $3000 for the swap - anyone have an opinion on cost?

Just go wit da 80 man!!!!

Naw, you know me I'd say stay Toyota-but you been down da Cheby road already. Maybe seein ya this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom