Automatic to Manual Choke Conversion

Discussion in '60-Series Wagons' started by RedfishBluegrass, Nov 1, 2005.

1. RedfishBluegrass

RedfishBluegrass

Albums:
    Possibly a stupid question, but how hard is it to go from an automatic choke on a weber back to the manual choke cable? My automatic choke is a pain in the ass and I just want the cable back. Thanks.

2. hammer1

hammer1

my 84 had a weber carb on from the PO> the choke was there, just tied up under the hood.
    take the whole weber carb, go to a long high place, and toss it as far away as you can.
    i never had good luck with the weber.
    hammer

3. cahilc

cahilc

Should be plug-n-chug if you have the original manual parts ???

Three screw to pull the electric choke out and then re-install the maual choke. re-attach the maual choke cable. Check to be sure the cable is set correctly to open and close the butterflies completely both ways ... and ???

Disclaimer ... there are a bunch of differnt ways to set up a Weber and I've see at least 3 different castings for the 38/38 and there are probably more than one type of manual choke(s) for the 38/38 casting sooo ... your experience may vary.

What parts do you have for the manual setup ?

Yes they are trick to set up. But once you get it ... it's nice. Worth the trouble ??? Personal choice. Plus I have one rig I mess with and another which is stock and gonna stay stock. Hmmm ...

Cahil

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.