automatic steering wheel movement at shutdown (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Service rep at the dealership tells me there is no way to shut this function off on a 2004 LX470? I don't need it moving in and up everytime I turn the LX off. Does anyone know how to shut this off? Is the service rep correct?

no hes not, on the newer LX's(like the one you have) theres a personalized settings system they can go thru and select certain features. I'm stuck with it off I believe unless Hoser can use his search powers and find out for me ;)

For 2003+, search "Lexus Personalized Settings" and then print out the form and show it to your dealer.

98-02' years are also selectable but using a different method. For all years, the dealer has to do it. I had them disable mine.

EDIT: I have the instructions on how to disable that auto-tilt. Im running up to the dealer now to see if they can do it.

Last edited:
That is one feature I hate about my 100. Everytime the steering wheel tilts, I picture it reducing the life of the motor...

There is a fuse for the auto steering column. I would just say pull that fuse and see what happens??

Down by the drivers feet on the left side. I encountered it when I was looking for a place to tap into for +12V a while back.

DON'T pull the fuse. Go and see the dealer and have it disabled. The power steering and power seats have power all the time so that in the event of an accident the steering wheel and seats can be moved to help get the victim out of the car. It is a safety feature and if you pull the fuse you diasble it. This then of course affects you, your wife or anybody else who drives the car (dealer, oil change shop) and is unfortunate enough to have an accident. Then if they are injured and can't move the wheel/seat, I expect you may be personally sued/ be liable for injuries/death. My thoughts only, please seek professional advice.

from what i've read on the internet only 2005 and newer have the personal settings. so does anyone have anything that says they can set mine to not move?

hoser had his 98 disabled and im going back to the dealership friday night to have them finally disable mine. If our "old" LXs can be disabled, your new one should be too.

From '03-'05, it was called C-best (Customized Body Electronics System) but is the same thing. I still have the Lexus scanner directions for the '98-'02 LX's. If anybody wants it, PM your email address.

SWUtah: http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/LX470_LPS.pdf

I had the dealer disable the retracting steering wheel on mine at the time of delivery. Another thing I had done was to not automatically unlock the doors when you put the tranny in park. The day I bought the car (went home in my old 4runner), I stopped by a grocery store on the way home (already dark). Right when I shut off the engine, some guy (this area is know for crack addicts) appears out of nowhere and puts his hands on the hood (probably hoping to beg for $$). I immediately started the engine and took off. In scenarios like this, having the doors unlock automatically can be fatal.

what do you mean? yours has the tilt correct? I would assume your dealership should be able to disable it somehow. The auto tilt/retract "feature" has been standard on Lexus since the beginning of time...or at least on every one ive been in.

does yours do any of the listed features? If so I would assume you can disable/change the settings on the features it has.

I just got back from the dealership, one of the techs disabled the auto-retract for me in a few minutes. Much nicer...and simpler. I donno why i didnt get it done earlier, I guess I forgot about it.

I just got back from the dealership, one of the techs disabled the auto-retract for me in a few minutes. Much nicer...and simpler. I donno why i didnt get it done earlier, I guess I forgot about it.

Just looking into this.

Did they disable the function using a scanner or is there some other way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom