Automatic free wheel hub for FJ62 in USA (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
When I gone to USA, I visit some junkyard and saw few FJ62s have automatic free wheel hub.
Did automatic free wheel hub was OEM option for FJ62 in USA or are they aftermarket product ?
If those were aftermarkets, are there any recommandable auto hub for FJ62 ?

Thank you,

Oh, Min Seok

OEM actually, but I am sure that there were alternatives in the aftermarket arena..

Throw them away. Get out and lock your hubs your self. The Automatic ones typically;
a. break
b. do not work when you need them most..

Arent these the ones that disconnect after being in reverse for so long? Those would suck in a long mud hole that you had to back your way out a ways :eek:

stinkyfj60 said:
Arent these the ones that disconnect after being in reverse for so long? Those would suck in a long mud hole that you had to back your way out a ways :eek:
Yep..

Like 5 feet..

I have never seen OEM auto hubs on a fj62 or 60. THey would not be OEM US spec if so.

My parents second FJ60 had them..
Aisin auto unlockers..

So do they unlock in 4wd, or only after you're in 2wd and back up?

60wag said:
So do they unlock in 4wd, or only after you're in 2wd and back up?

IIRC they will unlock in 4WD after being reversed for so long (and its not that long). But I cant remember the mechanism that causes that. I think thats how they work, you engage in 4WD drive forward and they lock in, reverse and they unlock then you shift out of 4WD.

I know they are more common on minis and are a pretty sucky idea if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom