Autohome Overland Vs James Baroud Vision, which one should I buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a RTT (Root Top Tent). Since I'm based in Europe, I been looking for European models. I'm in doubt between these two models: AutoHome Overland Small and the James the Baroud Vision 150. I was looking for a comparation test between them, but I didn't find anything.

They both have the same price tag in Europe (around 2500 euros), and they have more or less the same size. For me, the James Baroud Vision with its big windows has a greater look, however I could not take my decision just based on a “good look”.

I would like to know your opinion about these two RTT models:
Fabric quality?
How they handle the condensation, rain and wind?
How easy to set-up?
How comfortable they are (mattress)?
How reliable they are?
How they handle hot and cold weather?
Other stuffs you think are important.

Please, let me know your inputs about both models, if you already tested both, would be perfect to read your feedback.

Both tents below:

AutoHome_overland.jpg

jamesBaroud_vision.jpg

I had an Autohome Extreme small for years. I looked at the James Baroud before I bought it. IMO, the quality
of the Autohome was far superior. The base frame was much stronger and the materials were better.
No contest to me.

I had an Autohome Extreme small for years. I looked at the James Baroud before I bought it. IMO, the quality
of the Autohome was far superior. The base frame was much stronger and the materials were better.
No contest to me.
I will qualify this now. I've been pm with OP a couple of times. He is looking for the fold over style. I only have looked
at and have experience with the full fibreglass units. So to be honest, its been almost 6-7 yrs since and I've only ever
looked at that company in Bend OR that makes foldovers. I just never got into that style, personal preferences. J

I've rolled about
No contest to me.

I've rolled about in an autohome as someone had one and they are super rare in the UK. But this backs up what I thought when I was in there for 15mins or so and the craftsmanship is amazing as you would expect from the Italians. If you ever speak to the team they are unique bunch! In the middle of summer they all go away for weeks on end I think as team during peak camping season!

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for a RTT (Root Top Tent). Since I'm based in Europe, I been looking for European models. I'm in doubt between these two models: AutoHome Overland Small and the James the Baroud Vision 150. I was looking for a comparation test between them, but I didn't find anything.

They both have the same price tag in Europe (around 2500 euros), and they have more or less the same size. For me, the James Baroud Vision with its big windows has a greater look, however I could not take my decision just based on a “good look”.

I would like to know your opinion about these two RTT models:
Fabric quality?
How they handle the condensation, rain and wind?
How easy to set-up?
How comfortable they are (mattress)?
How reliable they are?
How they handle hot and cold weather?
Other stuffs you think are important.

Please, let me know your inputs about both models, if you already tested both, would be perfect to read your feedback.

I have a guide on the basics of rooftop tents which is focused on the UK so you can ignore all of it but it is a handy guide.
Covers pros and cons of hard-shell and soft-shell tents and what you need to look out for with regards to weight limits for your vehicle.
I would post but I'm wary that links would be flagged as spam here?
If I get permission or if no one has an issue I'll post later.

I have a guide on the basics of rooftop tents which is focused on the UK so you can ignore all of it but it is a handy guide.
Covers pros and cons of hard-shell and soft-shell tents and what you need to look out for with regards to weight limits for your vehicle.
I would post but I'm wary that links would be flagged as spam here?
If I get permission or if no one has an issue I'll post later.
If it’s in content of post should be no issue. Post away.

It’s official. There are too many roof tents to figure it out any more. That’s a pretty good article.
Haha yeah there are certainly tonnes now. A lot of people still buy off of alibaba which frightens me a little. Maybe that marketplace has gotten better but not for me.

James Baroud offers the most air flow/circulation with the amount of screened windows they have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom