Auto tranny behind 2F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
miscdotgeek.com
Is it possible to get the bellhousing/flywheel from a 3FE and install it on a 2F, and bolt up the automatic transmission? That would be pretty neato. I want to try an auto in my FJ55, and unless I put in a V8 that's the only option there is.

Thanks!

I think it would be neato as well :D I think it can be done, don't know the details. I know you can get an Aisin carb with the kick down cable attachment. I think the A440F was used behind a carbed 3f........so I'm sure it can be done.

how about takin it one step further and use a fj80 trany and t-case.......then you would have full time 4x4.......I really like this idea.......prolly cause its mine :D

Really, an adapter to put a chevy auto behind a 2F. Definitely cool. Who sells them? I'm trying to figure out ways that over time I can make my SOA fj55 driveable by my wife, who has a disease that keeps her from driving armstrong steering and stickshift. She can do it but it tires her out very badly. So, I'm lining up parts for the power steering (minitruck/saginaw pump) and am finishing up the power disks. The only thing missing is an auto tranny. Hmmmm, TH350>D18 with 4:1's in it? Oh yeah....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom