Auto to manual swap (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my truck came with an a340H tranny 9Auto) And I'm going to swap in a W56 tranny. So far my list is tranny

Slave

Master

Clutch

Clutch pedal ass

Fly Wheel.

I plan to use Marlin Crawler for most. I believe I have a solid list with everything I'll need for the swap including all of this from Marlin Steel braided clutch line kit, flywheel, 1,600 pound clutch, clutch fork boot pressure plate bolt kit and the 22r fly wheel bolt. If anyone has anything else or knows of a pedal assembly that’ll work for an 89 Toyota pickup that’d be great. I’m just in the pricing stage now but it looks like it shouldn’t be too much to do this and I believe I’ll have enough money.

Whatever you budget to do the swap... add 50%. Nothing ever goes as planned with this. Also you'll need a manual trans console, boot, bell housing, etc. Oh and what about trannny / xfer mounts? Just from experience doing a few engine swaps... Good luck!

I've been told the mounts are the same and have read that they are.

Driveshaft mods? Ideally, find an 89 with a man trans but garbage otherwise. You will have an instant resource for parts and knowledge. Then junk the rest. Good luck!

I'm not 100.0000% sure, but I do have an extra pedal assembly from an earlier gen truck that I have been trying to sell. Cheap! Act now and I'll throw in a clutch master!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom