1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

auto speaker question

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by PDoyle, Aug 29, 2006.

1. PDoyle

PDoyle

I'm looking at buying 6 " and 8" round speakers for a couple vehicles as well as my boat.

How can you tell if either the speakers are bad, or the receiver needs to be replaced?

2. CruiserMax

CruiserMax

Hard to say with so little information. Is the sound bad or is there no sound at all coming from the speakers? One quick way to test that the speakers are receiving voltage is to hold a small battery with one side of your speaker wire on one end and lightly tap the other wire on the battery terminal. If you hear morse code coming from the speaker you know its OK.

3. PDoyle

PDoyle

The speakers work but at high volume they are very distorted. So I'm thinking speakers need replacing.

4. Conex

Conex

Have they always had distortion at high volumes? If so, maybe a crossover would help.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">