Auto multimeter

Would it be a good choice for general car examination and automotive work?

fluke.jpg

e9999

Gotta get outta here...
It's a Fluke, so even with reported recent drops in quality, it should still be better than most "generic" multimeters, I would think. That said, most generic multimeters are likely fine for automotive work, which is not typically lab work level.
One suggestion, however, would be to look at a clamp meter that can do DC currents. Very handy for car work, as it allows you to avoid cutting into circuits. Big time-saver IMO. You can get a decent one for likely less than the above one is.

2mbb

SILVER Star
Alligator and T-pins ;)
I got T-pins too. on water proof connectors it's not always easy to use the T pin coming in from the wire side. I ended up using finishing nails and alligator clips. The cupped head on the finishing nail allowed me to contact the male pins inside the connector but it was really a pain holding everything in place...Hence, I purchased the special purpose leads.

fluke 88 is a solid meter sticking in the fluke line. i have the older version of the mac voltmeter Digital Multimeter - https://www.mactools.com/products/em721, caught it on sale and pretty much got the amp clamp for free on. if your just doing basic voltage and resistance checks you can get away with a lower priced unit that will still get the job done, a higher priced unit may have features that you might not need so why pay for it if your not going to use it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom