Australian LV, shoulder seat belt? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

buckroseau

May I have another!!!
SILVER Star
Threads
Looking at this LV for sale on ebay in Australia

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyo...4590476184QQcategoryZ6443QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This maybe has been discussed before, but did some non US lv's have shoulder harness's?

Matt
seatbelt.jpg

Mine doesn't have shoulder belts but that one does have the "bolt in" roof beams and opera lights like mine! Pretty rusty though!
I'll need to remember the headliner too, different from the stateside ones (more stripped down appearing).

Charles,

I was noticing the headliner. Do your bolt on x-members go on the bottom side of the headliner, like the in the pic?

That seems odd also........

Matt

I would suspect they were added later in life, i don't think shoulder belts were yet required anyplace in the world untill a bit latter(like 1969 for the US cars, trucks were prolly latter than that)

I dig the paint job :)

nope, they are under the headlinner. again........prolly some PO mod.......maybe to keep the roof from doing a Treeroot :D

buckroseau said:
Charles,

I was noticing the headliner. Do your bolt on x-members go on the bottom side of the headliner, like the in the pic?

That seems odd also........

Matt

ennnnhhh,

wrong old man.

non us headliners had the wide bows, often with brow vent, the groovy room lights, etc.

you have the book, look see.

OK, but why on the outside of the headlinner? seems way wierd to me.

I have some of the groovy room lights.........

how bout the shoulder belts?

rick_d said:
ennnnhhh,

wrong old man.

non us headliners had the wide bows, often with brow vent, the groovy room lights, etc.

you have the book, look see.

Landpimp said:
OK, but why on the outside of the headlinner? seems way wierd to me.

I have some of the groovy room lights.........

how bout the shoulder belts?

Yep, Landpimp, ya got it wrong! Rick_D is right! Wide bolt in bows on the under or visible side of the headliner! :)

You dropped a notch in our expectations! We thought you knew it all!!

cruiser_guy said:
Landpimp,
No, He OWNS it all. Give him some time to learn the idiosyncrasies!
;)

I wonder why they are even there? I cant see a need/reason for em

cruiser_guy said:
Yep, Landpimp, ya got it wrong! Rick_D is right! Wide bolt in bows on the under or visible side of the headliner! :)

One other thing, if the headliner material is stock it looks like an FJ40 headliner. Possibly glued to the roof? It doesn't look like it has the wood strips around the edge, the liner goes over the body edge on the inside.

Charles, is yours glued to the roof or held in by headliner bows?

Matt

Landpimp said:
I wonder why they are even there? I cant see a need/reason for em

Those are the ONLY bows in the roof. There is NOTHING above the headliner. Without the bows if you put anything on the roof you'd cave it in (that's not saying that the bows are super strong but they are better than just sheet metal).

buckroseau said:
One other thing, if the headliner material is stock it looks like an FJ40 headliner. Possibly glued to the roof? It doesn't look like it has the wood strips around the edge, the liner goes over the body edge on the inside.

Charles, is yours glued to the roof or held in by headliner bows?

Matt

Mine has been played with in the past but I am 99% sure that it is glued much like the picture at the beginning of this thread. There is NOTHING to indicate that there was ever a wood moulding around the edge.

wierd........wonder why? seems like a step backwards to me

cruiser_guy said:
Those are the ONLY bows in the roof. There is NOTHING above the headliner. Without the bows if you put anything on the roof you'd cave it in (that's not saying that the bows are super strong but they are better than just sheet metal).

Yes, holy thread revival batman!

Anyway, the 45V in the pic is mine (new to me). Obviously the eBay link is now dead but I don't suppose anyone on here saved any pics from the listing? I do this quite a bit for future reference. I wonder if it sold back then and how much?

Very very Long shot, I know :)

I'll email Matt (buckroseau) and ask him.

Is that roof rail as rusty as it looks in the pic?

What is the question here?

Do you have any of the pictures from the original Ebay post or recall what the outcome of the sale was? Lupdog bought this rig and wants some of those pics from way back.

Do you have any of the pictures from the original Ebay post or recall what the outcome of the sale was? Lupdog bought this rig and wants some of those pics from way back.

I don't sorry. I'm sure I robbed that pic off the net just to ask that seatbelt question.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom