Australian 60 series brochure (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got this from Toyota Australia when I was looking for specs on my full float axle. It is a brochure for the 1988 model year. Pretty interesting to see all the great stuff we couldn't get on 60's in the states.

Don't forget the weights are listed in kilos (multiply by 2.2 for lbs)

Tony

Attachments

• FJ62_specs[1].pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 311
We could have had: Diesels, manuals, a bench seat up front, ( I was just talking to some friends about wanting one today) Diff locks:crybaby::bang:

-Carl

I was adding photo's to my skidplate thread and saw that you could now add pdf's and a couple of other things that I have no idea what they are. It's right where you add jpgs. It has to be new because I don't think it was there a couple of days ago.

I still want a set of morgue doors...

Tony

hi fellas
isnt interesting what you can take for granted like you where saying about the gear we get get with our 60s down under and there not an option in the states i am susprised how much you blokes love your 60s over there the 60 is noted as a robust truck but not seen the way there are in the states ive had 2 fj60s & 1 hj60 turbo desiel with 4speed auto & 1 hj62 non turbo 5speed all great trucks my wife has just bought 2 to make 1 and i cant wait til its finish myself now i have a fj73 mid wheel base which i beleive never went to the states
anyway i love the site....long live the 60
cheers mick

WOW...And what are who stopped the USA from getting all the good stuff?

Funny that some of the stuff we want was considered the lower grade option, ie bench seats, vinyl floors, barn doors.

Toyota saw the US market as luxury only not a utility vehicle, and it was hard to sell a diesel here at the time. So... we got only the options that were good for on-road. No lockers needed, no full float axles, no diesels, bucket seats only, no extra row seating, rear hatch instead of barn doors, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom