Australia Imports (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

crushers said:
hell, i see pOS trades trucks here all the time, beat to snot, barely maintained enough to stay on the road... i sure wouldn't talk about decent units here in Canada...
congrates on being able to have the patience to keep your ute in top shape...
cheers

Are you talking about US trucks or japanese trucks ? Taking care of ones (toyota) truck and keeping it a long time is cheaper in the long term as long as you're not racing in the forest or crawl some nasty rocks IMO.
The employees in the big companies could beat the crap out of the company truck, but any self-employed or small business employee must be stupid or have too much money :doh:
I'm sure there are a lot of decent truck available for the right amount of money in Oz, if only the wheel was not on the wrong damn side. :flipoff2:
A truck that get some useful work done is logically worth more than a play toy.

Guys, specifically NA guys, if you want a troopy or a ute your best bet is AFRICA.

They make the troopys and the traybacks there in LHD with KMH speedos. They are ALL 1HZ diesels (You can't get petrols over there) and most of them will be worked hard. But with a freshen up (maybe a few k dollars), you've got a magical rig.

Also, Aussie and African cruisers tend to be more or less rust free simply because of our climates. Very very dry and arid, and zero snow. Ever.

brownbear, PM me and we can discuss a container load of 75 series parts.

denis said:
Are you talking about US trucks or japanese trucks ? Taking care of ones (toyota) truck and keeping it a long time is cheaper in the long term as long as you're not racing in the forest or crawl some nasty rocks IMO.
The employees in the big companies could beat the crap out of the company truck, but any self-employed or small business employee must be stupid or have too much money :doh:
I'm sure there are a lot of decent truck available for the right amount of money in Oz, if only the wheel was not on the wrong damn side. :flipoff2:
A truck that get some useful work done is logically worth more than a play toy.
i am talking NA units, i was in the trades for many years and watched as guys would drop 30-40-50 thou on a rig and 3 years later it would look like a $5000 beater. to a trades person a truck is a tool, to be used and replaced when the time came, it is a tax right off as well so every 3-5 years you buy a new one. VERY seldom did i see a tradesman with the same truck over 5 years.
same with the farmers, a pick up was a work peice, load it up and get the job done. once in a while you would come across a farmer with a mint old 3/4 ton but usually you see the farmers in less than 5 year old rigs.
now hobby farmers are a different breed, they seemed to look after their stuff better.
how about service trades, most of them rack up the miles in very short time so the same thing again, trade them in or sell them and go on to a new rig, specially if you are bing paid km then where is the sense? the truck is paid off in 2 years by company money going to you so it is a no loss proposition to service personal.
you want a decent rig? buy one that was used for hauling a camper around, low milage and usually well looked after.
this is my take on the situation, your experince might vary.

cheers

Hi Ozzy - Pommy here..

Listen we wan't more evidence... Some more pics please....

GB

Gold Boy said:
Hi Ozzy - Pommy here..

Listen we wan't more evidence... Some more pics please....

GB
rainforrest293.jpg

rainforrest287.jpg

rainforrest256.jpg

rainforrest230.jpg

rainforrest198.jpg

cruiserdash032.jpg

Cheers Simon,Some of these have been posted before.

Thanks for the pic's

They do look great! There is something about Oz and the land cruiser...

Thanks

GB

That really is one of the nicest troopies I have seen and like others have said the colour is very nice.

Rob

Scoot Jockey said:
Thanks for the kind words folks. It is generally in really great shape, but it does have a few "bush mechanic" fixes that are scary. The worst of which is on the oil pan. Instead of undoing the bolts and pulling the oil pan, somebody, down under, cut a large access hole with an angle grinder, and when finished welded the hole back up! :eek: I have heard that welding is also a popular fix for leaky joints in your tranny, transfer case!

Regards,
Scoot

Naw you gotta show us some trucks in the 15yr old range.....that will make the appropriate comparison to the JDM market.

Cool Pics.....

Wow, that red troopy sure is sweet! I like how they look with all of the accessories (bull bar, side bars, roof rack, snorkel). I keep waffling as to whether or not a bull bar, and snorkel would look as good on mine.
That 40 series trayback in the first of Bigbrowndog's photos looks a bit like the one Midnight Oil used in the "Beds are Burning" video.

rainforrest341.jpg

rainforrest431.jpg

Two of my mate's cruisers in my backyard. Top one was hit while parked by unlicensed underage driver.. Here the left side goes against the kerb so how do you explain that to the Police?? Driving on the footpath and hit a parked cruiser.Second one getting a new clutch.

Scoot Jockey said:
Wow, that red troopy sure is sweet! I like how they look with all of the accessories (bull bar, side bars, roof rack, snorkel). I keep waffling as to whether or not a bull bar, and snorkel would look as good on mine.
That 40 series trayback in the first of Bigbrowndog's photos looks a bit like the one Midnight Oil used in the "Beds are Burning" video.
LOL, It ain't really a Cruiser till its got a bullbar. LOL:D in fun.
Oh Yeah, there are hundreds of those old utes still around, the boys in the bush prefer them they are tougher and you can use a rifle from inside the cab, the hj75 on is too small for that.Plus the windows are ok down when its pissing down rain in the tropics. LOL :beer: :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom