AUSTRALIA: Chasing BJ74 Seats or other option for my HZJ75 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.team4g.com
Ok guys, help me out.

Purchasing internationally is NOT an option. Exchange rate atm makes the Australian dollar approximately equal to a Zimbabwean dollar. AKA, worthless.

I need to replace my two front seats in my HZJ75 ute. there is NO ROOM behind the seat, I have it hard up against the back of the cab (i have long legs). I need to change from bench seat to a 2 seat configuration so i can put in a centre console.

I've been desperately searching for BJ74 suspension seats but cannot find them ANYWHERE in this country. And i'm not buying a bj74 just for the seats.

Are there other options? Do any of the aussies here know where I can get a set of bj74 seats (I don't care if I have to ship them from perth or broome or darwin or lord howe island).

Help?

Please? :D

PS. yes, i've been gone from the forums for over a year.

The BJ74 seat bases will not work in a 75. The 74 has the fuel tank at the rear of the truck and a relatively flat floor pan. The 75 has the fuel tank on the right side and part of the left side under the cab directly under the seats. That results in a huge bump on the floor. You need a fair bit of clearance for the suspension bases.

I do have a set but the cost by the time I ship them. They are heavy.

Get a set of decent aftermarket seats, install them about 2cm higher than the stock height. It makes a lot of difference. Did this on my 75.

Could you suggest which aftermarket seats? As I said, i'm tall and I can't sacrifice room from the back of the cab to the steering wheel otherwise i'll be too cramped up to drive the thing.

I was looking briefly at the age old wrx seats option along with other similar things but the curved back sits the seat too far forward and I won't fit in the car anymore.

I really only need a passenger seat to be honest. I have an ARB Paratus Rally seat on the drivers side and I wouldnt' part with it for the world. Just need to get rid of the bench seat so I can put my centre console in, so really don't even want teh suspension base from the bj74 seat, just want the single seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom