SOLD Austin, TX - Clean 95-97 Land Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 80 Series
Mileage
Looking for a clean 95-97, triple locked 80 series Land Cruiser in the Austin, TX Area. Willing to pay up to $12/14k depending on condition. Preferably well maintained with little aftermarket/off road parts but open minded. Also willing to drive to neighboring areas or states of necessary.

Willing to ship.

Looking for a DD that I can build out over time.

No color preference but dark interior if available.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Anyone have thoughts? Not sure if the owner is on here, but $17k is a bit more than I wanted to spend but it seems like a rare, good condition, maintained LC with lockers. Anyone think $17k is worth it, including the higher (not extremely high, I know) mileage?

The 40th rigs have a little following, making them more pricey. Not sure why, I don’t know what’s unique about them besides the paint options and interior styling. With no maintenance mentions, plan for a host of items over the first year...unless he’s maintained it but decided not to mention anything.

The 40th rigs have a little following, making them more pricey. Not sure why, I don’t know what’s unique about them besides the paint options and interior styling. With no maintenance mentions, plan for a host of items over the first year...unless he’s maintained it but decided not to mention anything.

Great point! I guess I read the no rust and runs perfect claims as evidence that maintenance has been kept up. Also being that he is an avid/multiple LC collector or at least owner, I assumed he maintained or at least baselined all of them. Again, great point, ill have to ask about maintenance and maintenance records.

Anyone near Lexington, KY that would be willing to take a look for me? Would pay $. Looks decent, multiple owners with CARFAX stating that some were up in Mass/NE - concerned over underbody rust since there are no pictures. CF also reports one accident and the drivers side front bumper looks slightly askew, but maybe thats just me. Also curious if it has 3rd row seats; but looks to be triple locked.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in checking it our for me it would be greatly appreciated - again I would pay.

Anyone near Lexington, KY that would be willing to take a look for me? Would pay $. Looks decent, multiple owners with CARFAX stating that some were up in Mass/NE - concerned over underbody rust since there are no pictures. CF also reports one accident and the drivers side front bumper looks slightly askew, but maybe thats just me. Also curious if it has 3rd row seats; but looks to be triple locked.

Anyways, if anyone is interested in checking it our for me it would be greatly appreciated - again I would pay.

I would be willing to bet that truck has some pretty nasty rust on it. If not, it would be gone within a few hours

Unfortunately gone now haha. Given my situation I'm gonna have to be quicker$ unfortunately its hard to drop everything and travel quickly to another state.

If anyone is bored and wants to chime in - looking for initial thoughts on these 2:

My thoughts - very clean, underbody looks good but also seems to clean/possibly painted over? Im waiting on the auto check but its obviously been very cleaned up and hopefully well maintained. I do like the color and the interior seems to be in good condition. Its locked. I would offer less as i don't know if its work $25k to me, im probably around $18k, but even that is hard to stomach. Looks like its got over 65 viewers on Ebay so im assumed others feel the same.

- Looks decent - not much info given in the ad. Says no rust, interior could use a little work. Locked. Not sure if its the angle the vehicle is sitting at or the angle of the pic, but it looks to be leaning slightly - maybe im just crazy. Looks to be aftermarket markers and taillights - not a huge deal but would have to find and buy OEM replacements.

Anyways - any insight is appreciated as usual! Looking forward to finally being an official community member!

Your instincts seem right.

I wouldn’t be in a rush to pay $25k or close for that. As you said axles/frame appears painted and not super clean, and not a lot of great pictures. If you’re in $20k range now, maybe talk to the guy with the modified LX here and see if you can make a deal, recognizing its far from your initial desires. For Sale - 1997 LX450 BUILT/FACTORY LOCKERS

On the other, as you said not really enough information to make a confident assessment on it yet. Ask the seller for more info / pictures and keep looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom