For Sale Austin, TX: '97 - kept it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
placeholder
Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 5.30.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 5.47.03 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 5.47.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-14 at 5.47.36 PM.png

Last edited:
Gorgeous truck! With what looks like some good maintenance history. Do you know how many owners it has had?

Gorgeous truck! With what looks like some good maintenance history. Do you know how many owners it has had?
I think maybe 5 or 6? Not totally sure, but the last couple owners before me were the same family and that was like 10-15 years of ownership if I remember correctly.

Great truck. Serious question; Im considering an 80 and I’ve got two car seats I’d need to install. How’d you do it? Did you still use the rear latch? PM if you want to have this convo off here.
Thanks- I feed the 2nd row seat belt through the car seat per the instructions that came with it, then I used the top latch/strap of the car seat and run it over the back of the rear seats and latch it to the 3rd row floor latches for extra security. In the rare scenario I've used the 3rd row seats, I just unlatch that part. The car seats I have are technically good enough with just the seat belts from the 2nd row holding them in.

Solid looking truck at a very reasonable price. Will sell quick! If you have any interest in trading for the most unreliable truck ever built (range rover classic) id be very generous with cash on top ;) GLWS

Solid looking truck at a very reasonable price. Will sell quick! If you have any interest in trading for the most unreliable truck ever built (range rover classic) id be very generous with cash on top ;) GLWS
I have to downsize a couple vehicles in the fleet, if I were to consider anything it would be a low mileage, newer LC or a low mileage newer GX I can build up a bit.... also I'm not a complete sadist haha.

And yes this truck has been great, pack an extra bit of oil for the burn-off and it'll take you anywhere! Extremely capable trail rig that was also a solid daily driver. Honestly the good thing about it is it has it's imperfections so you're not paranoid about driving around a show truck. Gets more comments than any vehicle I've had.

Solid rig. Price too high? Dunno... kind of a funny thing with used vehicles. Seems like you've got a mechanically sound vehicle. Just a matter of lining up that 'right' buyer.

I've already got my 97 LX450... so... yeah... LOL.... However, quick question. How do you like your Corbeau seats? Easy install?

Solid rig. Price too high? Dunno... kind of a funny thing with used vehicles. Seems like you've got a mechanically sound vehicle. Just a matter of lining up that 'right' buyer.

I've already got my 97 LX450... so... yeah... LOL.... However, quick question. How do you like your Corbeau seats? Easy install?
Yea who knows, It’s had tons of expensive work. Seats are better than stock for me, I’m decently tall and skinny; I think the bottom is a bit narrow and they are firmer than stock. Took like 500 miles to break in, but felt great on A long road trip after that. I would get soreness/restlessness in ass on stock seats after like a day and had none of that at all with the corbeau.

I kept the stock seats so any buyer could have those as well.

Install was straightforward but definitely took some muscle as it’s not prefect. Had to bolt the front in first (loose) then get a larger friend to sit in the seat to bet it all settled in to where it would fit lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom