SOLD Austin, TX: 2001 LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
Outside Link
https://imgur.com/a/9lshd5d
For sale is a 2001 LX470.

This has been my daily driver for the last four years and has been a fantastic, dependable truck. Only selling as I have now replaced it with a 2006 LC.

Price: $8k

Highlights:
-Completely rust free, CA for fifteen years then TX for last five
-Under 200k (190k currently)
-Full 20-year service history with documentation
-Major maintenance up to date
-Interior in decent shape, no rips, tears, etc
-All of the electronics work like they should
-Carplay head unit, back-up cam, dash cam
-Clear Texas title
-Clean Carfax

Modifications:
-Rear spoiler removed
-Running boards removed
-New carplay / bluetooth head unit, back-up cam, dash cam, all new speakers
-Otherwise stock

Major Maintenance under ownership:
-Replaced Alternator (186k)
-Front & Rear rotors and pads replaced (172k)
-Battery (172k)
-Michelin Defender tires (168k)
-90k service, timing belt, all fluids (163k)
-Oil changes every 4-5k miles

Ownership History:
-First two owners lived in Los Angeles, 100% serviced at Lexus dealership
-Third owner was here in Austin. He bought it for wife, who wanted something smaller. Only owned it for two months
-I am fourth owner, but Carfax shows me as third

Notable issues:
-Clear coat failure on hood and roof. Quote I got was that repainting and blending to match would be ~$2k
-Passenger side window moldings cracked
-Leather in high wear areas could use reconditioning or replacing (center console, arm rests)
-Plenty of small dings and scratches (tried to capture as many as possible in photos)
-When alternator was replaced, shop gave it a thorough once over and identified drivers side front shock leak and that front bearing and inner tie rod were loose…these items still need to be addressed and are the only outstanding maintenance items I am aware of

Carfax:

Have a recent Carfax that I can share. Two items of note

-Minor front damage was reported in 2017. I believe this was due to a missing trim piece between the headlights, hood and bumper which has since been replaced. No other repairs have been made to the front of the truck, so you can see everything in pictures. There is certainly cosmetic damage to front bumper (scratches) and hood (clear coat)
-Car “failed emissions” in 2018. This was due to check engine light on due to bad o2 sensor. Replaced o2 sensor and car passed inspection fine.

Pictures are here:

Happy to answer any questions and e-mail supporting information including Carfax, maintenance records, etc. Inspections and test drives welcome.

Trying to be as honest as possible about condition and price reflects that this isn't a show car. Hoping to get this truck to a good home at a fair price!

Thanks!

Edit:

Few additional notes

-AHC works great. Added photos to end of album showing car in high and low
-Added picture that better shows steering wheel cracking
-Added photo with actual mileage (189k)
-Original owners manual, jack, tool kit included
-I have an extra set of OEM wheels that I will throw in. Was going to powder coat them, but never got around to it
-I have two keys, both set as master keys, but only one has the remote key fob
-I do have both third row seats, in good condition

If ad is still up, it’s still for sale. Will mark pending/sold when I receive a deposit or when it’s gone.

You can call or text me at 2 five 6 3 six six nine 0 2 1 with questions or more info

Last edited:
For sale is a 2001 LX470.

This has been my daily driver for the last four years and has been a fantastic, dependable truck. Only selling as I have now replaced it with a 2006 LC.

Price: $8k

Highlights:
-Completely rust free, CA for fifteen years then TX for last five
-Under 200k (190k currently)
-Full 20-year service history with documentation
-Major maintenance up to date
-Interior in decent shape, no rips, tears, etc
-All of the electronics work like they should
-Carplay head unit, back-up cam, dash cam
-Clear Texas title
-Clean Carfax

Modifications:
-Rear spoiler removed
-Running boards removed
-New carplay / bluetooth head unit, back-up cam, dash cam, all new speakers
-Otherwise stock

Major Maintenance under ownership:
-Replaced Alternator (186k)
-Front & Rear rotors and pads replaced (172k)
-Battery (172k)
-Michelin Defender tires (168k)
-90k service, timing belt, all fluids (163k)
-Oil changes every 4-5k miles

Ownership History:
-First two owners lived in Los Angeles, 100% serviced at Lexus dealership
-Third owner was here in Austin. He bought it for wife, who wanted something smaller. Only owned it for two months
-I am fourth owner, but Carfax shows me as third

Notable issues:
-Clear coat failure on hood and roof. Quote I got was that repainting and blending to match would be ~$2k
-Passenger side window moldings cracked
-Leather in high wear areas could use reconditioning or replacing (center console, arm rests)
-Plenty of small dings and scratches (tried to capture as many as possible in photos)
-When alternator was replaced, shop gave it a thorough once over and identified drivers side front shock leak and that front bearing and inner tie rod were loose…these items still need to be addressed and are the only outstanding maintenance items I am aware of

Carfax:

Have a recent Carfax that I can share. Two items of note

-Minor front damage was reported in 2017. I believe this was due to a missing trim piece between the headlights, hood and bumper which has since been replaced. No other repairs have been made to the front of the truck, so you can see everything in pictures. There is certainly cosmetic damage to front bumper (scratches) and hood (clear coat)
-Car “failed emissions” in 2018. This was due to check engine light on due to bad o2 sensor. Replaced o2 sensor and car passed inspection fine.

Pictures are here:

Happy to answer any questions and e-mail supporting information including Carfax, maintenance records, etc. Inspections and test drives welcome.

Trying to be as honest as possible about condition and price reflects that this isn't a show car. Hoping to get this truck to a good home at a fair price!

Thanks!

For some reason, I can't send you a message. I'd like to discuss your rig ASAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom