craigslist Austin: 2006 LX470 built (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was more worried about 2 reported accidents. But he did drop the price quite a bit.

Last edited:
Rust seems like surface rust and very minor. Leaky shock is probably just a rebuild which isn't too expensive. Are you in Austin? You could just ask to have a mechanic check out the baselining issues b/c that seems pretty vague...

Last edited:
This is mine. Rust is minor, had lots of buddies look at it and no one thinks it is a major issue. Stopped last week while getting the family dinner, and a Cruiser guy was admiring it, talking about his sons 100 and how much worse it was (rust wise, theirs was from MN), but how great the cars are.

I did the oil, but baselining simply meant power steering, brake, transmission, differential oils. Most do it straight away, but mentioned nonetheless. “Major” issues would be CV Joint clicks on tight turns, AC does not get cold (likely recharge or hose), steering wheel only moves up/down (not in and out). It is a great rig, overall. Slight wheel vibration at higher speeds, one tire has worn unevenly (rear passenger inner side). Nothing to be too concerned with.

I am only driving it maybe once per week, just had it inspected and oil done. I only dropped the price lower, hoping to get a solid ’Cruiser’ buyer who would then have several K left over to do any work that they desired...and into the rig for a solid price. (and to sell it quickly, of course). It is a good rig, well worth what I am asking.

I may be posting it on here in a bit, threw it up on FB only for now. I have lots of photos/videos, feel free to PM me. I am getting 4-5 people messaging a day, but as we all know most are tire kickers (or dealers). Logged in and was surprised to see it listed here, but happy to discuss with anyone interested (once again, may post it here soon enough anyhow).

I should also mention possible oil leak. PO replaced a seal, and that may have resolved it, but I was advised it is possible valve gasket leaks. 6.8 quarts came out after roughly 6k miles, 7.2 in. If it is leaking, it is slow. Parking break is also possibly not working. Seems fine when in park, but does not hold the rig when in neutral on a hill.

This is mine. Rust is minor, had lots of buddies look at it and no one thinks it is a major issue. Stopped last week while getting the family dinner, and a Cruiser guy was admiring it, talking about his sons 100 and how much worse it was (rust wise, theirs was from MN), but how great the cars are.

I did the oil, but baselining simply meant power steering, brake, transmission, differential oils. Most do it straight away, but mentioned nonetheless. “Major” issues would be CV Joint clicks on tight turns, AC does not get cold (likely recharge or hose), steering wheel only moves up/down (not in and out). It is a great rig, overall. Slight wheel vibration at higher speeds, one tire has worn unevenly (rear passenger inner side). Nothing to be too concerned with.

I am only driving it maybe once per week, just had it inspected and oil done. I only dropped the price lower, hoping to get a solid ’Cruiser’ buyer who would then have several K left over to do any work that they desired...and into the rig for a solid price. (and to sell it quickly, of course). It is a good rig, well worth what I am asking.

I may be posting it on here in a bit, threw it up on FB only for now. I have lots of photos/videos, feel free to PM me. I am getting 4-5 people messaging a day, but as we all know most are tire kickers (or dealers). Logged in and was surprised to see it listed here, but happy to discuss with anyone interested (once again, may post it here soon enough anyhow).
I have 15k.

I should also mention possible oil leak. PO replaced a seal, and that may have resolved it, but I was advised it is possible valve gasket leaks. 6.8 quarts came out after roughly 6k miles, 7.2 in. If it is leaking, it is slow. Parking break is also possibly not working. Seems fine when in park, but does not hold the rig when in neutral on a hill.

This is all helpful. How good are the service records, and how long have you had the cruiser? It looks great, sounds like some maintenance/baselining just needs to get done. Buyers may just want to have their mechanic check it out to get a cost estimate.

I really feel my asking price is solid, since it is already on here I’ll probably put together a listing. I appreciate the offer.
It was worth a shot! :)

This is all helpful. How good are the service records, and how long have you had the cruiser? It looks great, sounds like some maintenance/baselining just needs to get done. Buyers may just want to have their mechanic check it out to get a cost estimate.

Of course. I just listed it, since it is already on here. I included everything noted in the inspection done before I received it, and it was a very thorough inspection. There truly isn’t anything glaring. I am sure you could spend very little, or take it to the dealer and spend $3k+. I had advised people to budget $3,500 if taking it to a shop. Highly unlikely that everything costs anywhere near that sum, but I like buyers to be happy. I have owned it for only maybe 1-1.5 months. Received through trade on this forum. I do not have the garage space for a 3rd car (ugh!), and I won’t be DD’ing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom