Aussies....have you ever......

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by rt, Aug 7, 2005.

1. rt

rt

attended this car show in Canberra? The husband and I are planning Jan 06 trip and he wants to attend this show. It looks pretty cool. Are there cruisers there?

http://www.summernats.com.au/index.htm

2. T Y L E R

T Y L E R

TTIWWP's !!

TY :D

3. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

never been myself, but all my mates have

there are the occasional cruiser, not usually though, it's more street cars, used to be old aussie muscle cars, but there's a bit of rice, along with smaller aussie cars stuffed with V8s... can be slightly roudy, but all in all a good time.

last year Antunec's cruiser was there (a few of the 4x4 guys had a stall)... antunec is a guy that runs a yellow 40 series in the aussie comp scene and wins alot... including coming second in our werock series, in a full bodied 40 versus buggies.

although his cruiser has: big block: Solid rear axle (but shaped like an IFS axle) i believe rockwell center on that one... rear steer, 49 irocs, hydrolic suspension that can force 30 inches of travel on each wheel, and a heap of cool stuff...

oh and it can pretty much ramp so that the axles are 90 degrees to each other... but there's no guarentee it'l be there this year

but if your into burnouts, drag racing, and general petrol heads, go if you get the chance

4. tea LC

tea LC

woody, can we hire a translator for TY?! :flipoff2:

5. treerootCO

treerootCO Where are my keys?! SILVER Star

This Thread Is Worthless Without Pics (ttiwwp)

I toured all of Tazmania in a ute. Not as sweet a ride as this one becuase it was a ford ranchero with bondo over aluminum foil. As a US perspective of AU, there are lots of utes and almost all the cars I saw had trailer hitches. Most were used to pull small aluminum trailers. Just something you don't see in the US. Went to a hot rod show in Hobart and saw some neat cars.

Holden = Chevy = Izuzu

Oh yeah and you guys have too many Cruisers for your own good. There are Cruisers everywhere!!

6. rt

rt

Tassie

Tassie is definitely on the intinery. We are in the midst of the planning how many days in Taz and how many in Oz. My husband is Classic Mopar Crazy, so he wants to find a straight six Hemi that was only released in Oz in Valiants. His dream is to have a right hand drive hot rod with that engine in it. Sounds like our suitcase may turn into a cargo crate on the return trip if we are not careful.

7. StanCruiserMan

StanCruiserMan

If you want to see Cruisers don't go to a car show. Just find a busy intersection, I bet you can count over 100 within 2 hours. Parking lots are good too.

8. aussie75series

aussie75series

You had better be careful the Tasmanians get very nasty when people think Tassy isn't in Oz.You will need at least 3weeks to do a lap of tassie and more to appreciate it.

9. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

closer to your time of travel check out the competitions/ events section on outerlimits4x4.com... and you might get to see some nice patrols and cruisers being thrashed :D

10. Ultima RB

Ultima RB

I went to summernats this year. Here's some pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. bj42turbo

bj42turbo

Yeah I used go every year in my young hoon days, it was orsome and hot chicks everywhere

BJ

12. roscoFJ73

roscoFJ73

Media:
    Albums:

13. ats4x4dotcom

ats4x4dotcom

Arby from street machine mag took a rhd 265 to the US recently and swapped it for another car while travelling the US.

mag

www.streetmachine.com.au

they also run the summernats at Canberra each xmas, definately worth the trip to se if into cars in any way.

14. rt

rt

silly Yanks.......

Thanks for the heads-up. I was mistaken in thinking just the continent was Oz, but all attached is apparently.

When I was in New Zealand, I walked into a restaurant and asked for a table for two, signaling the number 2 with index and middle fingers (the classic V for Victory). However, I found out it is important whether you show the back of the hand to the waiter versus the front. The waiter was cool and laughed, and explained that quite different meanings are construed from how your hand is oriented.

Not more than a week later, Bush 41 was in Australia on a state visit. He also was flashing the V for victory sign while driving around, exactly wrong, and "flipped off" half of Sydney.

ah yes, the cultural faux pas. I bet a few people here are guilty of one or two themselves.

15. bad_religion_au

bad_religion_au

that bottom pic of the yellow 40 is antunecs mmmmm....

anyway, tassie isn't attached... but allegedly their considered australian. Queenslanders are too thick to understand, and south australians are proof that tasmanians can swim

16. rt

rt

oops, my bad, no such thing as an attached island. Not enough coffee this morning. Must brush up on geography.........................

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.