Australian-style Off-Road Radio Antennas (GMRS & CB & Ham) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
I broke my Diamond antenna years ago not even being off-road, but in a wind storm. Wanted a stronger, Oz-style antenna but one that was tuned specifically for North American UHF GMRS and/or Ham (ITU2-8) frequencies. Now I'm making exactly these :). Rugged, radome-style antennas for North America.

1. GMRS, 6dbi.

2. Ham/2m @146MHz resonance.

( ☝️☝️☝️ please don't hate me for the Rover pic, but gives a great visual for the 49" 2m Ham and the 36" `shorty' GMRS antenna).

I ship these in 3" PVC pipe in order to avoid any breakage and shipping prices varies all over the board :oops:. I'll try and keep it as cheap as shipping as you want. Comes with coax.

Please order via simple website, or PM me here for Paypal. You can see pics and other stuff at Instagram.

Last edited:
Dang I’ve always wanted to buy a Aussie antenna for my gmrs, but I knew their frequencies were different. This is awesome

subbing..

I can mount it on my big ARB bumper like the LC in the picture. I ordered my GMRS license yesterday. Now I need to decide on a radio.

Last edited:
What does the base mount look like and how much coax does the 2M antenna have?
Each comes with about 16 feet of coax. This is an old version of the antenna, but you can see that the coax runs through the nut and the hollow 12mm mounting stud. You can thread the FME-end coax through any 13mm or 1/2" hole, and then of course tighten said nut to secure.

I can mount it on my big ARB bumper like the LC in the picture. I ordered my GMRS license yesterday. Now I need to decide on a radio.
You can certainly use a bracket on the ARB tubes, but those two tabs on the top bar of the ARB are a perfect fitment too:

ARB Tabs.png

I see people running two antennas on their ARB bumpers. Do they need two antennas to connect with GRMS repeaters?

I see people running two antennas on their ARB bumpers. Do they need two antennas to connect with GRMS repeaters?
These style antennas (suspended radiator radome) only work on one band, so double antennas would be like one for VHF Ham and another for GMRS.

Repeater operation (regardless of radio band) will work with single antenna 😁

The 42" has a 6db gain. I'm leaning toward that one.

Just ordered the 42"

Definitely subbing for future purchase

Super simple. These antennas have a coax line already. Plug and play (PL259) to the back of most every mobile radio.
I get that, but can I expect transmit range or reception to improve?

I want one mostly for the looks at this point. Don’t judge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom