Aussie SOA 60 on Simex (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

nope, no simex's or silverstones sold in N.A. that I know of.
However we can run alot bigger tires on a highway than you can. I believe you can only get away with 35-37" tires. Where as i believe we can run 46" mickeys or 49" IROK's. The simex centipedes are a nice tire form what ive heard. The kiwis I talked to really liked them because they had more lateral traction than alot of the swampers. Im surprised no one is distributing these tires in the US. They would be pretty sweet if they came in larger sizes too.

Also I didnt think you could get a SOA passed for highway driving there. How'd you manage that?

By the way Nice looking rig!

Being a former Rover guy...somehow there are always sets available new. Check around on Discoweb.org and i'm sure you'll find a few sets. I beleive equipe or roversloutions was importing them. Of course they are not DOT approved...but who cares...
Expect to Pay $$$$$ last set of 35x11 simex went around $350 a tire.

$350 in the US? thats a lot expensive when you compare to the cost of TSL's or hawgs which are probally the closest (although not that close)in tread to the centipedes, actually if you cut the treads along the center they are a bit closer.
tyre_mt117Xtreme_b.jpg
siping_2.jpg
images.jpg

G'day Dave,

I had a quick look at the photo of your truck the other night. Nice look'n beast (for some reason the photo seems to have disappeared - might just be this computer).

I'm running 33" BFG muds at the moment with a 2.5 OME lift (SUA). The truck doesn't get used much during the week so I was thinking of sticking on a set of more aggresive tires. With a body lift and extended shackles I should be able to run 35's.

I was thinking of going a set of radial claws. They seem to bridge the gap between the BFG;s and the Simex's. I'd be interested in a local opinion.

Cheers,

Ben

G'day Dave,

I had a quick look at the photo of your truck the other night. Nice look'n beast (for some reason the photo seems to have disappeared - might just be this computer).

I'm running 33" BFG muds at the moment with a 2.5 OME lift (SUA). The truck doesn't get used much during the week so I was thinking of sticking on a set of more aggresive tires. With a body lift and extended shackles I should be able to run 35's.

I was thinking of going a set of radial claws. They seem to bridge the gap between the BFG;s and the Simex's. I'd be interested in a local opinion.

Cheers,

Ben

MT Baja Claw . ? well, you didn't ask to me but, I hate those tires .. I had in my HJ-60 maybe an a year ( get no more than 20 k km ) there are good ones in mud going forward .. don't try to do it backward .. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom