1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aussie long range tank trouble

Discussion in 'Diesel Tech / 24 volts' started by zach, Mar 5, 2007.

1. zach

zach

so i just installed a new long range 28 gallon tank from man a fre. it fit perfect the gas gauge was really easy to swap over. the only problem is i can only get about 14 gallons out of it. the feeder hose is located half way down the tank? four inches up from the bottom of the tank. i have ran out gas twice now. i know the gauge works as i drained the tank to check it after the first time i ran out of gas. has anyone else had this problem? i threw in a picture. sorry it's kinda hard to see but there are speakers and a roll cage in the way its the bottom hose.

[​IMG]

2. brownbear

brownbear Mod in Hibernation Moderator

Picture is hard to see.

Anyone in the 40 section have this problem too? Maybe do another post there.

Strange the pick up would be soo high. Call Man a fre

3. bull

bull

Media:
    Albums:
    Did you peek inside before installing it? There should have been an internal pick up that went from where the hose attaches to the outside to the lowest part of the tank by the baffle.

Maybe you got a bum tank with no internal pick up?

4. zach

zach

no i didn't check. and i'm pretty sure that is the problem. which sucks because it took about 5 months to get here from down south.....:mad: