aussie lockers? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hi i am looking into buying some lockers for my bj70 so far i am thinking to get aussie lockers front and rear

arb is nearly 3 times the price so thats not a option. toyota electric lockers and cable locker are very hard to find down here in australia.

so after research the aussie locker seems to be the best option considering its price
it has a few drawbacks as you cant fully control it.

But my main question is that if one or two wheels are up in the air (front right and rear left) will the aussie locker still keep all four wheels spinning at the same speed?

I have seen a youtube video where a guys hilux wheel went of the ground and the locker wasnt turning that wheel. does this sound right?

i would of thought the locker would lock the wheels that are in the air?

please let me know how your aussie lockers perform advantages/disadvantages

also if its worth it or best to get airlockers?

Thanks!

Auto lockers like the Aussie are normally locked. They only unlock when needed, such as making a turn on hard surface. I like auto lockers. I had them in the back of my Piggy for a lot of years. I also had them in the front for a while. They are a bit tricky in the front. For example, going up hill on loose surface, they like to keep going straight even when you turn the steering a lot. Most of the time on easy and moderate trails I ran the rig in 2wd low range so I had the lower gears and the rear locker working, but I did not need the front locker. It was very rare that I ever really needed the front one. John

But my main question is that if one or two wheels are up in the air (front right and rear left) will the aussie locker still keep all four wheels spinning at the same speed?
The answer is yes. Wheel in the air, it's still spinning.

I run F&R Aussie Lockers. Tight turns in confined areas that 4WD is needed is the only place i don't like them.

For hardcore wheeling when there is some good wheel speed and bouncing on hard surfaces (big rocks) and extreme unloading and loading of vehicle weight on the suspension, I find that I break front end parts easier than someone that has a selectable locker or has an open diff.

hmm okay thanks

does anyone know if toyota electronic lockers from a lx470 or 80 series will fit bj70 full floating diffs?
lx470 is ifs but will the rear interchange?

what about 80 series fronts? i assume not?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom