aussie lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
For someone who does not know how to set up gears, is it reasonable to think I would be able to install my own aussie locker?

yes.. use the search tool. Romer had a install write up and you can find info in the Technical Links

see the tech links, I've got pics of a lockrite or ez-lock install, the aussie is identical

Well if Romer, the guy that can't even get his bezel on correctly, can do it them maybe I'll have my daughter do the install :D

tru, you can do it. no prob way easier than you think.

fj40_rico said:
Be aware that this writeup may or may not apply to you, depending on whether or not you have to remove the ring gear to get the pinion shaft out.

For a '76 FJ40 rear diff you don't even have to pull the 3rd member, so the writeup is overly complex.

For an '86 4runner rear the writeup is appropriate and you need to know about backlash and preload and have the tools to adjust them.

Hooligan said:
Well if Romer, the guy that can't even get his bezel on correctly, can do it them maybe I'll have my daughter do the install :D
i had a really bad day at work....thank you so much for one of the better laughs of the evening :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom