Aussie Lockers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm a little late I know but I wanted to mention how pleased I was with the Aussie Lockers front and rear over memorial day. We were at Little Naches in Washington State and did a 9hr ride through the shoe string trail and man what a differance from 1 year to the next. It was nice not having to beat my rig to death because of traction issues. Anyway a big thumbs up for the Aussie Locker.
Bryan

I just finished Rubithon,
My SUA, 33's w/FRT and RR Aussies and MANUAL steering surprised everyone.
I couldn't be happier with there performance :D

manny
poser.jpg

what kind of price did you fellas get on these? any certain place to order from? (for a better deal?)

I purchased mine from offroadlockers.com for 240.00 a piece. I understand the pros and cons but the good deal is I purchased 2 of these for much less then you pay for an ARB or the like and any shadey tree mechanic can do the install.
Bryan

Stroker said:
I purchased mine from offroadlockers.com for 240.00 a piece. I understand the pros and cons but the good deal is I purchased 2 of these for much less then you pay for an ARB or the like and any shadey tree mechanic can do the install.
Bryan

Brian,
It will take you longer to read the instructions then to install it :D
manny

http://www.offroadlockers.com/make.php/TMab98ce/abe6/20/.html

aussie

just tested my 73 fj-40 with the aussie in the rear what a diffrence i cant wait to try it out on the trail, by the way did you change out the birfields in front when you put the aussie up front

landcrusher909 said:
just tested my 73 fj-40 with the aussie in the rear what a diffrence i cant wait to try it out on the trail, by the way did you change out the birfields in front when you put the aussie up front

bobby long SUPERSET - 27spline...getting too old to replace birfs on the trail :D

manny

mr_manny said:
...getting too old to replace birfs on the trail

Then I would get rid of the Fing birfs.. ;)

I am looking for a locker for my 83 bj42 but can't find one with 9.25 ring.. Anyone know where I can get one?

STIFFLER said:
I am looking for a locker for my 83 bj42 but can't find one with 9.25 ring.. Anyone know where I can get one?

9.25 ring? I'm assuming that is a larger than stock pumpkin. Is that a heavy duty option?

jcj_78FJ40 said:
9.25 ring? I'm assuming that is a larger than stock pumpkin. Is that a heavy duty option?

Ya it is.. I have had 2 websites tell me different things one says 9.25 and the other says 9.5

No I didn't change the birfs and up to this point everything is great. I just have some driveshaft angle issues to work out.

over a year on the aussie in my wagon...i'm still very pleased with it. :cheers:

So what are the pros and cons of this locker? From the web site description, it doesn't seem there are any cons.

it's always on. it can be annoying when going through drive thrus (or any driving in a high traction situation), but you get what you pay for and this is one of the best deals for cheap lockers

I agree, Mine is great everywhere but parking lots

i've had my lockright locker in the rear of mine for 6 yrs . needs replacing tho doesn't hold all the time .this also was my dailly driver for most of those years .i love these cheap lockers also have one in the front . they work great . never had any problems with these. that also is 6yrs of small block chev and 35's to 38 inch tires . they hold up great . will be replacing the rear one with an aussie soon ,lockright is dying . did blow a birf . just turning around on the beach tho . great cheap lockers .

I just finished test driving my freshly Aussie Locked cruiser..... HOLY FREAKING MOLY. Absolutely amazing. The clicking noise is not bad. My friends kept raising their hands up in the air when I would turn tight because it sounds kinda like the ratcheting of a Roller Coaster.

Installation was real easy and the road manners are fine. If I wasn't looking for the difference I don't think I would notice it.

Haven't had it on the freeway yet, but round rural streets and our little bandit trails around here it is awesome!

I idled up some stuff in 2 wheel low that used to be hard to make it up in 4 wheel low. I even stopped cold on some climbs that I used to have to get a run at and was able to get started again no problem.

Very satisfied. When I get the urge I am going to rebuild the front axle with Longfields and other good stuff and I am gonna Aussie it too. Although I am not sure I am going to need 4 wheel drive much at all anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom