Aussie locker on the front axle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone install an Aussie locker on the front axle? Rear is a limited slip (not very limited) and you cannot install
a Aussie locker in a LSD.

There are quite a few jeep forums that talk about this and most do not have any issues.

I have an Aussie in my 55 but in the rear axle. With no experience with a locked front, I figured this was the place to ask.

I would not do it.
You really need a selectable locker in the front to preserve your birfields.

Joe,
I have had an Aussie in the front of the 70 for years without issue. On a trail, it gives no indication that it is there until it is needed. On pavement, the steering can feel tight due to it. Since I am not trying to drive on icing or snow covered roads, I don't encounter this so the Aussie in my front diff is a great choice for me.

Your driving needs/style may influence your choice here. Good luck

Swap diffs centers around then rebuild lsd for front and fit your locker to the old front now going into the rear. Its that easy with the old bangers but not sure what year or model your questing was regarding. The guys who have air lockers in the front are serious off roaders who are happy flicking the diff on and off trying to steer around stuff.

I never thought about swapping diff centers. That may be a solution.

I don't expect to drive my 91 LJ77 in the snow too frequently, especially with the liquid salt they use on the roads in CT.

Thanks for the responses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom