Aussie Locker Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Flank

American by Birth, Texan by the grace of God.
Threads
Website
www.staltimber.com
I got one, probably could figure it out - it is a lunchbox locker. But... anyone have experience putting these in?

Not in a hurry to do it, just sometime.

Man... I want to hop in and say I've planned to do this for years, and if we get a group together to do them I may be in as well. Except for a recent wreck, so front steering, hood, fender, and suspension bushings are on my list... and I thought I was about to have some $ to install some fun stuff :(

Perhaps we need a wrench day.

I just bought a house, so am happy to volunteer my place. Hopefully have the garage cleared out of boxes and furniture over the next week.

Going in the 80? Full float rear? I've done dozens of semi-float ones. Super simple. Does the full float have a removable inspection cover?

Negative. The full floater has the welded rear, the third member needs to be dropped. So I assume the axles have to be pulled out do this.

Not a big deal, but a lot more work. Replace that gasket between the third member and the axle. You don't want to have to take it back out for a leak. Yeah, the axles have to be pulled out - at least a few inches. Rear driveshaft of course. I just take it off at the rear and bungie it out of the way. Get your burliest friend to bench press the diff out of the truck and back in.

I've changed em laying on my back on a mountainside in Poteau........possibly with Harschs help.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom